Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Dynasty Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDynasty Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynasty Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Posted: 07-16-2007 at 6:28am
LOL

Kev, please tell you'll post some initial impressions of NASCAR 08 on the 360 before your full review (which I can't wait for).
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-16-2007 at 10:37am
Will do!  I asked Bill about it again last night.  I haven't heard when I'll be getting it...

I'd bet you can guess my user-created driver's name, can't you? Smile

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-16-2007 at 6:11pm
Is it Ricky Bobby? LOL
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-16-2007 at 7:54pm
If you ain't first, you're last!

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-17-2007 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Jason

Is it Ricky Bobby? LOL

I thought it was "The Shocker"

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2007 at 9:50am
I'm going to start my 29-game NBA season with the Miami Heat in NBA Live 08. I haven't decided on a team for my MVP 07 season yet, but I plan on starting one soon.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2007 at 2:02pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-27-2007 at 2:55am

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-29-2007 at 3:14am

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-31-2007 at 4:50pm

MVP 07 NCAA Baseball Dynasty - Air Force Academy (MVP)

I'm doing mine in the spirit of Adam's old football thread at another site where he created his team using forum members.  I will do that here.

The Air Force Academy is the lowest ranked team in MVP 06 (128th) and is also one of the lowest ranked teams in 07 (149).  In 06 their record was 9-44 and last year was 8-44.  They were 0-23 in conference play last year.  That is not a typo.  0-23.  MVP 07 lists the team ratings as:

Pitching - D
Batting - C+
Fielding - D
Running - C

The goal is simple.  Win 10 games overall and at least 1 in conference.  Going .500 would be a miracle with these guys for me on default MVP settings.

None of the player ratings or player statistics have been changed other than I did change a couple of batters to lefties since the whole starting roster was right handed.  I let the CPU optimize the rosters.  I assigned positions strictly based upon what I know or perceive about people here and actually assigned them before I ever looked at player ratings.  No changes were made after seeing the ratings.  For now I'll just list the name and position and their perceived personality.  I'm going to hold off revealing overall ratings of individuals, but will say they range from 88 to 67.

The Media Guide (listed in order of position)

Position Players:

Brent Doughty (C) - Incredibly antagonistic to opposing batters with incessant chatter which helps because the pitching staff needs all the assistance they can get.  A real workhorse.  Has a bit of a temper, but also uses it to fire up the team when he feels effort is waning.  Bats/Throws Right.  Currently 9th in the lineup.

Kevin Mosely (1B) - Affable to teammates and opponents alike, but uses it to distract opposing base runners.  Solid defensively, especially against the bunt.  Can be fiery and emotional on the field and has cried after striking out.  Bats/Throws Left.  Currently bats 3rd.

Chris Weck (2B) - Reliable infielder and can also pitch if needed.  Good arm, decent speed.  Has good relationship with SS Seth Berkowitz and the two hang out away from the team as well.  Bats/Throws Switch/Right.  Currently bats 2nd.

Jason Sundberg (3B) - Plays the corner well with a solid arm.  Enjoys a healthy rivalry with RF Ted Leiker.  Also seem impervious to heckling at the plate and the teasings of teammate and friend Brent although has been know to retaliate with a post game wedgie on same.  With his great looks and incredible body, Jason is quite popular with the ladies.  Bats/Throws Right.  Currently bats 7th.

Seth Berkowitz (SS) - Decent range and arm.  Moderate speed.  Has a nice camaraderie with 2B Chris Weck.  Bats/Throws Right.  Currently bats 5th.

Adam Simpson (LF) - Decent left fielder with some pop in his bat, but prone to errors.  Poor throwing accuracy would be an understatement.  Thoughtful and unassuming in the dugout and tends to be the team diplomat, trying to resolve internal conflicts.  Has a passion for motor sports when not playing baseball.  May be the one true star on the team since his is the only name on the roster in the play-by-play database.  Bats/Throws Right.  Currently bats 6th.

Derek Mirdala (CF) - Fastest player on the team.  Great range in the outfield with great arm to cap it.  Range probably makes other outfielders look better than they are.  Pure contact hitter and loves to harass pitchers and steal at any opportunity.  Peppy and upbeat.  The quintessential lead-off man and the only player on the roster that might be able to turn pro.  Bats/Throws Left/Right.  Currently bats 1st.

Ted Leiker (RF) - Poor contact hitter, but has decent power.  Tends to swing for the fence a little too much.  Slow on the base paths and terrible range in the field.  Average arm.  Tends to let heckling get under his skin.  Bats/Throws Left.  Currently bats 4th.

Peter Bentequatro (DH) - (this is Petes-24...I don't know his real name).  Bats/Throws Right.  Currently bats 8th against left hand pitchers.

Scott Deebee (DH) - (this is dbdynsty...I don't know his full name).  Average utility and DH.  Decent speed.  Disappears for games at a time.  Sometimes his deadpan delivery and sardonic wit throw off teammates, but generally an asset to the team.  Bats/Throws Left.  Currently bats 8th against right hand pitchers.

Pitchers:

Mike Saperstein (SP) -

Charles Koebner (SP) - (I don't know Koebner's first name.)

Jack Dingess (SP) - (I think that is Jackdog's last name.)

Matthew Kraus (RP) - (I don't know MatthewK last name.)

Dan Sport (RP) - (I don't know Sportdan30 last name.)

I'm happy to add anyone else to the roster that I neglected.  Just post your name or PM me. 

Record (W-L)
First Game - @ #122 Richmond University Spiders

Edit:  Edited to reflect switch to MVP07, changes to schedule, batting order, and added some pitchers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>