Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 08 Hands On (Images & Video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 08 Hands On (Images & Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 08 Hands On (Images & Video)
    Posted: 05-14-2007 at 4:57pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2007 at 8:11pm
That last item, Brent,  sounds *very* cool!

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2007 at 11:17pm
Gamespot Hands On (Campus Legend)   &   4 more videos

115 stadiums in the game including the new ones and the changes to Bama's stadium.

They bragged on the gang-tackles but I am still not seeing anything spectacular from the videos.

I did like this

Should you go the high school route you'll start the game as a senior who's about to take part in a 16-team playoff featuring schools from real cities in whatever area you said your player is from. The first three games take place on what looks like a typical high school field with a small number of bleachers packed with fans. If you can make it to the championship game you'll be rewarded with your first taste of what it's like to play at the next level because your game will take place in the stadium of the nearest major university.

Your focus isn't just on winning playoff games; it's also on playing well and garnering the attention of college recruiters. This means you'll have to make every play count, especially since your coach can bench you if you're stinking up the joint. But be aware that if you're blowing out the other team your coach might call of the dogs and pull you too. Because you're a player and not a coach, you'll have to run the plays that are sent in by the head coach

Sounds like they put more effort in this are then I was expecting.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2007 at 10:29pm
IGN Update. Just when I start feeling positive about the game...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/787/787313p1.html

While NCAA 08 is far from completion, EA's college footballer is already a step above 07. Visually, the game isn't as sharp -- helmet reflections are gone and player models are slightly fuzzier than last year. But EA had to make some concessions to get the game running at 60 frames per second, and you will immediately appreciate the difference on the gameplay side. It's faster, twitchier, and closer in style to the superb current-gen titles versus the underwhelming next-gen football efforts from EA

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2007 at 7:29pm
I kindof like what they did with the cameras. It looks like they tweaked the "Madden Superstar" camera a little to make it more playable. I also liked how they come up to the LOS after breaking the huddle. I just hope it is available in all modes. The HS thing should be pretty interesting, hopefully I can lead my team to the title. In real life my HS teams never even made the playoffs.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2007 at 6:05pm
Finally some gameplay videos Thumbs%20Up. I just wish they didn't use the QB and RB camera on all of the videos.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2007 at 1:20pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2007 at 6:02am
I'll be keeping a very close eye on this game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2007 at 4:32am
First, we have Hit Stick 2.0, which now allows you to tackle low by flicking the right stick down and to tackle high by flicking up. Tackling low is useful for smaller DBs hoping to take down larger backs that are preparing to lower their shoulders and lay the hurt down. Of course, if timed right, the back can hurdle right over the diving defender in what Cummings says is one of the most satisfying moves in the game. Or you can time it wrong like we did and trigger one of the many excellent tackling animations.

I like the sound of that.

From Gamespot

The hurdle button has also returned, allowing you to leap over players with a touch of the Y button.

Yes Clap

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2007 at 4:26am

Post Reply Post Reply