Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Generes the next gen systems are in need of
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGeneres the next gen systems are in need of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generes the next gen systems are in need of
    Posted: 05-04-2007 at 7:28pm
Motocross, not a single motocross game yet. Boo.

Golf, this was once plentiful but has now dwindled down to HSG & Tiger.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2007 at 9:01pm
Good topic...  You know what I'd like to see?  A good, fun wrestling or boxing game, without all of the "adult" content (like WWE) or blood and guts.  Think of Punch Out, or even of that "Hyperscan" wrestling game that came out at Christmas.  I bought my son Ready to Rumble 2 a few months ago.  I'm thinking along those lines...

Everything has to be licensed and "realistic" nowadays.  Bring back the fun!  Body blow, body blow!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2007 at 9:37pm
Next-gen systems are in need of games that are better than current-gen games Wink.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2007 at 2:05am
Horse racing.  Online.  Like that multi seat game you see at adult arcades like Dave and Busters.  You can breed and race your own horses.
inuyasha View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote inuyasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-08-2007 at 1:18am
Baseball
Football
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-08-2007 at 2:13pm
It's *gotta* be possible to create a *good* multi-event, olympic style game.  Live leaderboards for events would be great!

Demolition derby
Rugby
Futuristic Racing (Wipeout, Jet Moto, F-zero)
'Tactical' battle game
Next Gen 'Brawler'

Horse Racing is a GREAT suggestion.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-08-2007 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Jason

Next-gen systems are in need of games that are better than current-gen games Wink.

Sometimes it's like I've stumbled into a Luddite convention around here...

LOLWink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-08-2007 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

Originally posted by Jason

Sometimes it's like I've stumbled into a Luddite convention around here...

LOLWink

Hey, I'm under a lot of stress at work and need to vent somewhere Wink.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-09-2007 at 2:05am
Web, that comment (tactical battle) got me thinking about a game that would be great in the in the XBL Arcade.

Risk with the ability to create and share maps would be something I could play hours upon hours.  Then they could give us Axis & Allies.

Oh and I had to look up the word Luddite and yes it can be a little backaskwards round these parts.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
MatthewK View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote MatthewK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-09-2007 at 3:09pm
The only "next gen" system I have so far is the Wii.  For that I'd like to see a GOOD olympics game, Star Wars (battlefront series & a light saber duel-type game), baseball, and a GOOD fishing game.

In order to get me to buy a 360 or a PS3 I will need to see the following:
- Football & baseball games that are better than current gen Wink
- MOTOCROSS!!!!!!!!
- A wrestling game that is at least as good as DOR2 on the Gamecube.

What we are seeing now on the 360 and PS3 is what you're left with when almost all the sports get exclusive licenses.  Add to that the high cost of developement, and you're left with less choices and moer sequels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>