Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News Desk (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : News Desk
Subject Topic: On the 11th day till Christmas BDoughty gave to me Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 14 2005 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

An MVP 06 Interview
Fight Night 3 Hands On
MLB 2K6 Interview
Pugilistic Screenshots
Pure Sim Baseball Screenies
A quaint Rugby 06 Trailer
More Phenoms Balling
Even more Fight Night 3 Goodness
Terrific game for your children
Sad link for fans of World of Oulaws developer Ratbag

And a link to my favorite site!

Yea I missed it by a day and technically the 12 days go from Dec 25th to 6th but work with me here.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 14 2005 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Quoted from IGN:

"Oh, the EA Super Punch! Now, this super blow does not take the place of the haymaker, which is still a critical punch in the game against stunned or inexperienced fighters. Instead, by winding up even farther with the right analog stick, taking it all the way back, you let loose a very slow and avoidable animation that, if landed, will either knock your opponent out, take off a butt-load of energy, or open up the "I just got rocked" mini-game."

"In the unofficially titled "I just got rocked" mini-game, the camera switches to a first-person view in the eyes of the stunned boxer. At this moment, all you can do is put your gloves in front of your face and try to deflect oncoming punches. Usually, you just get rocked again, and consequently knocked out."

Enough with the mini-games in sports games! Am I the only one that thinks this sounds ridiculous? Unlike the terrible mini-game in MLB 2K5 ("In the Zone"), I just hope this "I just got rocked" mini-game can be disabled because I won't buy Fight Night Round 3 if it can't.

Also, it looks like MLB 2K6 is moving to an analog batting system too with their new "Swing Stick". It'll be interesting to see how well this is implemented since previous games (2K4 and 2K5) supported zone batting.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Jason wrote:

Enough with the mini-games in sports games! Am I the only one that thinks this sounds ridiculous?

No, you're not.  I was never a fan of the haymaker either.

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version