Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Just FYI College Hoops 2K6 $19.99 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

tomorrow through the 24th at EBGames. The $10 off is part of a coupon book that is in store and instantly rebated from the $29.99 price.

Had a wierd desire to get a pool game so I picked up Virtual Pool Tournament Edition. Also found Hitz Pro used for $5 and in perfect shape so I picked it up again thanks to Jason and Ted playing it like crazy. Not a big hockey nut but I remember having a good time with this one.

Played the Guitar Hero game on PS2 kiosk and that is just addicting. I spent at least thirty minutes playing it. Not worth buying a PS2 for, but if someone steals the idea from Sony and brings it to the Xbox I will shell out for the game/guitar.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Toper
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote Toper

This game is a steal at $19...I'd even go sofar as to see it is superior to the xbox version of nba2k6.  I'm gonna have a TOUGH decision to make when this is released on the 360 next month.

Toper
Back to Top View Toper's Profile Search for other posts by Toper

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 18 2005 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

It is tempting at that price, but I'm not completely sold on this year's version (NBA 2K6) so far. Parts of the game are excellent and other parts I can't stand. One day I'll actually get my review of the game posted.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Brent

Posted: December 18 2005 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

I guess it all depends on how big a college hoops fan you are. For me this is the best College Basketball game I have ever played. I could not see how a college hoops fan would miss out on this game especially at that low price. Of course I traded in NBA 2K6 when this one came out becuase I prefer CH to NBA tenfold.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Toper
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 19 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote Toper

Jason wrote:
It is tempting at that price, but I'm not completely sold on this year's version (NBA 2K6) so far. Parts of the game are excellent and other parts I can't stand. One day I'll actually get my review of the game posted.

Jason,

What were some of the things you didn't like about Nba2k6?

Toper

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 19 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Toper,

Here's some of my observations that I made in a previous post:

"Actually, I like the shot stick and try to use it as much as possible and always use the right analog stick on defense. What I don't like in the postup game is that you used to be able to hold down L1 to post someone up and just release it and press towards the basket to spin off the defender and drive to the hoop. Now you need to press a button sequence to do the same thing and it just doesn't feel natural.

Also, now that the L1 button is used as both a modifier for Isomation and turbo, your player starts moving in the direction you push on the analog stick even when you're just trying to perform an Isomotion move like a crossover. It's not a game-killer, but has prevented me from using Isomation on a regular basis."

The frame rate seems to take a hit when playing in progressive mode too. Also, I hate that they removed the defensive crouch button, but I hear that has made a return in CH 2K6. I'll post some more soon.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Toper
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 19 2005 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Toper

Jason wrote:

Toper,

Here's some of my observations that I made in a previous post:

"Actually, I like the shot stick and try to use it as much as possible and always use the right analog stick on defense. What I don't like in the postup game is that you used to be able to hold down L1 to post someone up and just release it and press towards the basket to spin off the defender and drive to the hoop. Now you need to press a button sequence to do the same thing and it just doesn't feel natural.

Also, now that the L1 button is used as both a modifier for Isomation and turbo, your player starts moving in the direction you push on the analog stick even when you're just trying to perform an Isomotion move like a crossover. It's not a game-killer, but has prevented me from using Isomation on a regular basis."

The frame rate seems to take a hit when playing in progressive mode too. Also, I hate that they removed the defensive crouch button, but I hear that has made a return in CH 2K6. I'll post some more soon.

Jason,

I totally feel your points about the post up game.  IMO, they had it right way back in 2k1 when you could back down, spin move, or turn-around/fade away so intuitively.  Now, it can be a button-combo pressing mess at times.

Also, isomotion isn't as good as freestyle, to me.  Again, too much joystick gymnastics than necessary.

Anyways, you'll be happy to hear that the defensive crouch has made it's way back to CH2k6 and Nba2k6 (360)...a pretty necessary feature in b-ball games to me from here on out.

Toper

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 19 2005 at 8:19pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

I was beginning to think that I was the only one that didn't like the post up game. I also agree that Freestyle is better Isomation.

It's a shame that VC didn't out the defensive crouch in the PS2 and Xbox versions of NBA 2K6, but at least they now know that people like it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version