Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Christmas from the past Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 21 2005 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Since most of us are in our 30's and/or married with kids I thought we could relive some of the fun we had from Christmas past.

What are some of the best SPORTS related gifts you got for Christmas as a young pup.

#1 all time most wanted Christmas Gift - #1 all time Biggest dissapointment

It came with the Steelers and Rams super bowl teams. I was so excited to play it and then wham... Dissapointment sets in when players run in circles, the dog eats the little foam football (not that it mattered because it is impossible to complete a pass).

#2 Madden for the Genesis

This one released a few weeks before Christmas and my parents mail ordered it. After seeing an ad for this game I had to have it as no football game has ever looked this goood.

Mattel Memories

Coleco memories

I was easily amused but I loved anything sports releated, especially football.

NFL Pencils (old school)

Had both the striped and solid

The gift I never quite understood living in Texas and being a Steeler fan

I guess that was all they could find or were trying to at least covert me over to the NFC? They tried to get me Dallas Cowboy stuff over the years but it just ended up getting thrown in the closet.

These were just a few for now. I will come up with more.  Share you favorite Sports Related Christmas gifts.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 21 2005 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

I ruled at the original version of Madden Football for the Genesis and played that more than any other sports game. I only used two offensive formations: Shotgun (95% of the time) and Pro Set (5% of the time). Houston was my team and I would have been classified as a 'cheeser' by the way I played back then (I never punted).

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

K_Mosley

Posted: December 21 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

LOL, Brent...  I had just about everything you pictured, sans the Bartkowski jersey!

I enjoyed them for what they were at the time - the closest we could get to simulating the game.  Feeling nostalgic one day, I even picked up Electric Football for my son and I.  You know what; it hasn't changed a bit!  It still sucks!  But is sucks with a warm, fuzzy feeling...

The Atari 2600 or the Commodore 64 may have been two of my favorite sports-related presents growing up...

Kevin

Toper
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 22 2005 at 1:13am | IP Logged Quote Toper

Wow, BD, thanks for the "blast from the past".  I had the electric football set (niners and bengals), madden for genny, the mattel football games, and even the football pencils!!!
Back to Top View Toper's Profile Search for other posts by Toper

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version