Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: 2K football making a comeback? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 22 2005 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

From the latest Game Informer

They have a picture of the 2K Sports new logo (which includes a generic football player) and there is a little blurb too:

"We all know that 2K Sports & developer VC are no longer doing NFL football games thanks to the NFLs exclusive deal w/ rival EA sports. However, VC has not dropped the pigskin just yet. Rumors have been flying for a while now that the studio was working on an NFL legends game- which would only require licenses w/ individual players & not the league itself- & there may be other hints that VC is returning to the gridiron. The company's new logo features a number of rendered athletes representing the company's various franchises- including a football player of an unrecognizable team. Mistake or sign of the future?"

Also from that 2K vs EA link IGN threw this out...

"and if you think 2K is finished with football, think again. But will we see something in 2006?"

Plus there is a tiny hint on the 2ksports homepage.

-------------

Anyway competition is good. I just wish the corporate bobbleheads at Electronic Arts could grasp that, instead of trying to take over the universe by aquiring every license and buying out those who stand in their way.  Just make good games. Simple stuff really.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 22 2005 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

I've usually favored Madden over the years but always enjoyed the 2K series and would buy it every year. As long as the game plays and looks good, I don't care what players are in it.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Slumberland

Posted: December 24 2005 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote Slumberland

I do hope this is the case.  There are many things about the 360 version of Madden I appreciate, but I find myself going back to NFL 2K5 largely because the controls seem so much better to me... players go where and do what I want them to.  And while 360 Madden has some amazing visuals, a replay of the QB dropping back and passing the ball still looks more "real" in an overall sense to me in 2K5.
Back to Top View Slumberland's Profile Search for other posts by Slumberland

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version