Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Regarding EA’s attempt to get an NHL Exclusive Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 22 2005 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

In case you missed the news from a few days back

http://eahockey.com/news/details.php?id=0067

A post at the GAF reminded me of how close it was. Remember the hubub about NHL 06 having "Exclusive License" in an early photo only to have EA remove it, saying it was a mistake.   They just jumped the gun by a year (exlusive was supposed to start in 06) and just did not want the NHL office to know about it. I can side with the owners even more with any further dispute.

Now of course we know... the rest of the story.

Here is a link to the story from back in June

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Toper
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 22 2005 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote Toper

This exclusitivity crap needs to stop.  EA totally ruined videogame football this year (by not giving gamers a choice).  Although I've mostly been a "madden guy", the best thing about the 2k franchises is that they are always willing to innovate each year, even if it means coming out with a whole new engine.

Case in point is the nba 2k series...I thought last year's game was horrid.  But their team was smart enough to come out this year with what plays like a totally different (and better) game.  And then you have nba live, which has played like the same game for the last 10 years (you can actually say the same thing for all of EA games, with an exception to mvp/triple play).

What I find ironic is that the 360 version of madden seems like they tried to make different...but to me, it plays very similar to the 2k series!  All I can say is "EA, you guy's know exclusitivity is wrong, so STOP DOING IT!".
Back to Top View Toper's Profile Search for other posts by Toper

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 22 2005 at 8:29pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Unfortunately I don't see this trend ending anytime soon. It's going to be up to the individual leagues to stop their sports from becoming 'exclusives'. I'm hoping that these exclusive deals (NFL & MLB) turn out bad so that they are not renewed when they expire and teach these greedy jackasses a lesson.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version