Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Your Resolutions for next year Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 31 2005 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Brent

Mine in the form of a top 5 list....

5. Stop drinking soft drinks all-together. The sugar water eats up too many of my daily carbs allowed.

4. Get a side job as a video jouranlist covering High School sports games (especially football) for one of the local TV stations. Coverage of HS sports continues to grow and I can hold a video camera with the best of em. ;)

3. Annoy my parents on a daily basis to stop smoking. They make a resolution every year to stop and it lasts until the afternoon.

2. Exercise more. Get back into playing competitive softball. I might even institue a "must jog in place" while playing video games rule.

1. Donate more time to the local Boys Club (refing games, etc). Too many one parent households out there, not enough men doing their jobs raising their children.

oh and (1a.) learn to ignore certain people and/or websites alltogether

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Ted

Posted: December 31 2005 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

I'll follow the same format, but mine aren't so much resolutions as goals for the coming year.

10.  Continue living a debt free life.

9.  Contribute more to SGN by writing articles and news items for the website.

8.  Continue to eat healthier and lose weight down to my goal of 190 lbs.  I cut out soft drinks in 2005 except for special occasions (you can do it BD!)  I cut out fast food except for a 3 month relapse in summer 2005 and will continue to do that.  Those two things more than anything else helped me lose 10 lbs in 2005. 

7.  Continue my exercise regimen of hiking several times per week.  Start to implement a calisthenics routine and maybe some light weight training this year.

6.  Analyze my pond with a WA state biologist and implement a fish stocking program starting with crappie.

5.  Build my workshop for my garage and get much needed bookshelves built in order to restart our bookselling business.

4.  Start our vegetable garden in the spring and become partially self sustaining by growing much of our food.

3.  Give all of our unused vegetable harvest to the local foodbank.

2.  Continue volunteering, but give more time and money to the local animal shelter.

1.  Get a job.

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 01 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote Jason

The both of you guys both have some admirable goals for 2006.

Here are mine:

4. Try to have more patience with people.

3. Take a family vacation this summer, even if it's only for a few nights.

2. Stop drinking Coke & Pepsi. I don't drink coffee and drink entirely too much Coke & Pepsi for the caffeine.

1. Get back into excellent shape. I haven't kept myself in the shape I am used to during the past year.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 01 2006 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Just for the record, I'm pigging out today. I've been eating every scrap of leftovers from my New Years Eve gathering last night. So technically, my resolutions will begin on Jan. 2nd (FYI, I'm eating fudge brownies as I type this).

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version