Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: NBA Live 06 opinions? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
GB_Simo
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote GB_Simo

All,

Apologies if I've missed a thread elsewhere, I've had a look back and didn't find anything.  Recently I've been considering adding a basketball title to my collection, and in an idle moment last night ordered ID 2004 for what must be its third stint in the Simpson gaming catalogue.  While I wait for NBA 2K6, due in March over here, I've also bought NBA 2K5 on EBay since I'd read a few positive things about it - the general feeling around these parts seems to be that 2K5 really isn't all it could be but for a couple of quid it won't hurt to see for myself.

Today I found myself dangerously close to buying NBA Live 06 as well.  I'm not sure what purpose 3 basketball titles at once will serve but I did enjoy Live 2005.  I ended up with Madden 06 rather than Live today but I'm looking for a few opinions on it and how it compares to Live 05.  ID 2004 seems to be the hoops game of choice for many - how do people feel Live stacks up against that?  Can anyone help?

On an unrelated note, Madden...played one game, Colts-Jaguars, returned 2 INTs for touchdowns and had a touchdown on a kickoff return but couldn't throw for toffee.  I lost Manning to injury early on and ended up completing 8 of 31 attempts.  The saving grace was that the Jaguars QB couldn't throw either, and at least I had a rushing game to fall back on.  Third down efficiency was anything but too - CPU converted 1 of 14, I converted 1 of 12.  My superstar was a 3rd round pick for the Broncos and I'm having marginally more success throwing the ball (to him, not with him - he's a WR) but I'm some distance away from not being awful.  It's a lot of fun but evidently you need to put the miles in with the vision cone to get any joy from it.

Cheers,
Adam

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 20 2006 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

I'd be interested in hearing about NBA Live 06 too. I liked 2005 alot but felt that EA took a big step backwards graphically and ruined the default camera view (move it too far back - even with adjustments).. I've watched quite a few videos and 06 definitely looks better but I'm still worried about having the defensive crouch and post up mapped to the analog stick.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Murph

Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote Murph

I like to play using one of the side view cameras, such as 'Press Box' and on the 360 version, the damn camera can't even keep up with the action. It's a beautiful game, but unplayable (for me).

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 24 2006 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote Jason

I may pick up NBA Live 06 now that it retails for $30 and use this Best Buy coupon for an additional $10 off.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote Ted

If you do let me know so I can add it to my rental que.

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote Jason

Ted wrote:
If you do let me know so I can add it to my rental que.

Absolutely.

BTW, I like your new forum signature .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version