Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: My Christmas List Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
K_Mosley

Online Status: Offline
Posted: November 30 2005 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

Just a week ago, I was certain of the titles I wanted from Santa - Operation Flashpoint, Gun, Heroes of the Pacific, and Fifa 06 (Santa being my parents, wife, and any other misc. money I may get!).

After reading some impressions and reflecting a bit, I'm not so sure.  I just picked up Atari Anthology and NCAA College Hoops 2k6 with some Christmas money, and they weren't even on my radar.  It so happens I'm enjoying both right now very much.  From the titles above, I'm still pretty hot for FIFA 06, and very warm for Heroes of the Pacific.  Have any of you played some great games lately?  I'm open for suggestions, and I have some time to "research" before I go shopping! 

Kevin

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Jason

Well, I'm not a shooter fan at all, but I've been enjoying Star Wars: Battlefront II quite a bit and I haven't even gone online with it yet. I'm also on the lookout for 'MX ve ATV Unleashed' now that it's about to become a Greatest Hits title.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

K_Mosley

Posted: December 01 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

I have SWBF II.  I just can't get it away from my son -- AND daughter!  I'll have a blog entry about that tonight or tomorrow. 

Good suggestion, though.  I've got to give it a spin.  I'm not a big shooter guy, but I did like the first one.  It's more about the atmosphere than the shooting, at least for me.

Kevin

Brent

Posted: December 01 2005 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Are you set on getting Fifa? Do you play WE? Fifa is still $49.99 and while it might be one of the better Fifa's as of late you are only a couple months away for WE9 which is $39.99. Assuming you have not already imported it.

I could not get past the stuttering framerate at midfield long enough to get a good thought on the game as a whole. I just prefer WE and only need one soccer title each year.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

K_Mosley

Posted: December 01 2005 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

I do play WE, but I must confess - I'm weak - I'm a license whore!  I want to play with EPL teams and MLS teams!

I suppose if I researched it, I could find WE updates through the Action Replay.  Are you using any?

I hadn't heard about the stuttering in FIFA.  Is it present in all camera angles?  Not good...

Kevin

Brent

Posted: December 01 2005 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Some good info on the game...

http://digitalsportspage.com/modules.php?name=Forums&f ile=viewtopic&t=9351&highlight=fifa+06&sid=9f04c 566ca8643f2817754774803d47f

I found the framerate issues on most of the cameras I tried. Of course it was a rental (Gamefly) and went back a day or two after it arrived.

For WE8 I was using updates from OS. I think they were blacklovers? Kits are edited, players and teams renamed, etc.  I love licenses also but since I do not follow soccer much, outside the international matches, gameplay is the deciding factor.

K_Mosley

Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

For a second there, I though I started a duplicate topic! 

I'll give it some thought, but I'm still leaning towards FIFA.  I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess!

Kevin

Brent

Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Hey as long as you have fun with the game that is all that matters. The one great thing about SGN is that people still play games to have FUN.

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:21pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

bdoughty wrote:

The one great thing about SGN is that people still play games to have FUN.

Amen!!!

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

K_Mosley

Posted: December 02 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote K_Mosley

bdoughty wrote:

Hey as long as you have fun with the game that is all that matters. The one great thing about SGN is that people still play games to have FUN.

Yeah, but the "IU" at Assembly Hall is slightly off-center...

Kevin

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version