Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I can't connect WE9 PS2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can't connect WE9 PS2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't connect WE9 PS2
    Posted: 02-11-2006 at 1:13pm
If I can find any help it will be a great relief.  Here is what is happening.

I select my network settings on my PS2 card and hit X (standard stuff)

The screen flashes a "Connecting to Network" bubble.

The screen flashes a "Verifying DNAS" (standard PS2 stuff) bubble.

The screen shows a solid "Connected" bubble

The screen flashes a "Testing Network Environment" bubble.

After between 30 seconds and 1 minute the screen shows a solid "Testing Network Environment" bubble (it stops flashing) and stays there forever.  I left it there for 30 minutes once while I ate dinner.  The game is frozen and I can't back out, but the music continues to play.  Not in a broken loop either.  It's just like the game decides to stay in one spot.  During the flashing screens I see a lot of activity on modem lights.  As soon as the game freezes on the last bubble all activity on the lights stops.

I read the manual and the troubleshooting deals with connection issues if you are through a router, but I'm straight into a netopia DSL modem.  There is a Konami phone number, but they aren't there until Monday.

This is a real bummer.  I was hoping to give you guys some online impressions.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 1:16pm
I'll hang out in the chatroom for a bit in case anyone drops by.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 6:41pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you tell me the brand and model number of the DSL modem you're using. Also, did you have to setup an ISP username and password when setting up your PS2 online connection with the network configuration disk?

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 7:37pm
The modem is a netopia and I think the model number is 3341.  I don't see any other numbers on the device.  This is it.

http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/3341ctel.html

and this too...

http://www.netopia.com/support/resources/option_3341ent.html

I do have to log in occasionally on my PC.  I don't know why the modem logs out every so often.  However, I did not and do not need to use the username and password option on the PS2 network screen or with the network configuration disk.  I've never had a problem connecting with all of our other games with this modem.  Any help is appreciated greatly.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 7:45pm
I think that 2nd link is misleading.  It is a 3341-CTEL.  That's the number on the outside of the box.  It also says ADSL Smart Modem USB/EN
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 7:46pm

Ted,

I'm looking at the info on the modem right now. It appears to have routing capabilities built into it. If that's the case, you may have to open the ports or just make your PS2 a DMZ (like I did).

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 7:48pm

Ted,

You may also want to install this program (Port Detective) and see if those ports are being blocked.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 7:59pm
what is making PS2 a DMZ?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 8:04pm

A DMZ (demilitarized zone) is basically an IP address that sits between a protected network (your local network/pc) and the Internet. What I did with my router was assign an IP address that is not protected by the firewall/router and assigned that IP address to my PS2. Since my PS2 does not have a hard drive and I don't have to worry about viruses, it's completely safe to do.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-11-2006 at 8:07pm
Jason, can you go to chat?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>