Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I can't connect WE9 PS2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can't connect WE9 PS2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't connect WE9 PS2
    Posted: 02-13-2006 at 10:02am

Ted,

One more question, are you able to change the IP address at the top of the page where we added the ports? I thought you said that it displayed 192.168.1.5, can it be changed on that screen to something else?

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 12:56pm
I don't think it can be changed.  There is a little button to check that says "reserve ip", but that is on the front of the network page.  In the modify screen there is no area for ip address displayed.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 5:50pm
Jason,

I'm typing this with the new modem connected to the internet.  I will now attempt to connect with WE9.  Keeping my fingers crossed!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 6:26pm
Jason,

Ok, all of the PS2 games connect fine except WE.  It's not freezing anymore at the "testing network environment" screen, but it just keeps flashing there.

The good news is the new modem has a boat load of options to tweak compared to the other one.  I also want to try turning off the firewall in the modem to see if that does the trick.  I think that we are going to need to hook up tonight (or whenver you are free) to get this to work.

Ted
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 7:09pm
Is this your modem on this page (5th one down)? http://www.zoom.com/products/adsl_overview.html
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 7:16pm
Ted, let me know when you are online!  My PS2 compy of WE9 just arrived... I do have to run by the store at some point and pick up some component cables for the PS2.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 8:27pm
5th one down Model 5651 X4 ETHERNET/USB ADSL 2/2+Modem
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 8:32pm
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 10:14pm
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 1:39am
Jason,

There isn't a firmware upgrade for 5651 on that sight.  The firmware you are pointing me to is for 5551 and doesn't work.

I don't believe there is an option to select virtual server, but after poking around I may have discovered a way to allow some DMZ and UDP changes to be made.  Let me know when I can abuse your kindness some more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>