Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I can't connect WE9 PS2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can't connect WE9 PS2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't connect WE9 PS2
    Posted: 02-14-2006 at 2:25am
Found this:

Hi

I've read large chunks of this topic and I know my question has been asked a few times - but exactly how do I open ports on my 9106?

I need to open port 3658 which is needed by my PS2 if that helps?

I just can't get the port to open...  thumbdown.gif

Any help appreciated!

The only thingyou have to do is create a 'virtual server' rule that is pointing to the PS2 IP Address for port 3658. I don't know anything about the PS2 so I asume you're right about port 3658!

Greetings,
Leo

use your web browser and type 192.168.1.1, in the page that opens, look for the munu Security then virtual servers and click on add.

once you are in the virtual servers window, select custom server and add a name "PS2", add the ip of yours pc (usually 192.168.1.2 if it's the first pc attached) and then insert the same port number for internal and external, select tcp or udp or both and press aply. This is also what you have to do for peer-to-peer programs.

here:

http://forum.emule-project.net/lofiversion/index.php/t39030- 600.html

They are talking about a US Robotics modem.  Sounds simple if we just had the option for virtual server.  Starting to think I jumped the gun buying this model.  May have to open the wallet again.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 7:01am

Ted,

I'm getting my taxes done today and won't be around until later this afternoon (6 hours of driving). I'm leaning towards having you return the Zoom modem for a refund and setting up your old modem/router as a bridge and connecting it to your Linksys router. The reason it didn't work for you before is because they (your DSL modem and Linksys Router) both have the same IP address (192.168.1.1).

Could you give me the exact model of your Linksys router again? BTW, it is that easy to setup a virtual server or DMZ, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE ON YOUR ROUTER .

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 10:40am
The old router is a Linksys BEFSR41.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 10:45am
I also found this information regarding the router I have (which is not hooked up)

http://www.stasis.org/?p=4

I only work half day today so I'm going to experiment around trying to get the router to work with the new modem first (since they have different default ip's) and go from there.

I'm not sure of the return policy of the store where I bought the modem.  There's always ebay
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 7:27pm
I'M IN!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 7:43pm
That's great. Did you set up a DMZ or just open up ports?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 8:25pm
Neither.  This modem worked out of the box.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 8:26pm
Even better!!! What model did you wind up with? Have you played WE online? If so, how did it play?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 8:31pm
Zoom X6.  I really like it so far, it has quite a bit of expandablility.  One question.  Since it is also wireless capable should I disable the wireless part right now to prevent someone from WiFi'ing me and slowing down my connection?

I only went into the lobbies.  I was going to play a quick random, but the first three user names I saw were DirtySanchez, YOUBLOWME, and PsYcHoNiGgA.  I passed on the opportunity.  I think I will play a couple just to report on lag for you.

BTW,  anyone who is going to play with PS2 online should know you need to register a username to connect.  I went with TEDatSGN (it has to be min 8 characters) so you'll know that is me if you see me.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 8:34pm

You should definitely disable the wireless connectivity if you have the option to so (most routers do). I can't wait for Saturday to get here now.

What was wrong with those online usernames you saw?

I'll setup JasonSGN as my username on Saturday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>