Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I can't connect WE9 PS2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can't connect WE9 PS2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't connect WE9 PS2
    Posted: 02-14-2006 at 8:44pm
I just checked out the user-guide for your new modem/router and like the features it offers. If you do have problems with online gaming at some point, it has a section on how to setup your PS2 (Xbox & PC too) for online gaming. It also has support for a virtual server and DMZ. Excellent choice.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 9:40pm
Thanks, it means a lot coming from you. 

I played a random ranked match on 10 minute periods.  Dude's name was Bubba and he went with England so I countered with Italy.  Ended drawn 0-0 in first half and then I scored and own goal midway through second to give him a 1-0 lead.  At 83'  I found a striker with a through pass and blasted one from 16 meters low and far post from his keeper.  Was great.  Bubba was a good opponent, using the chat menu (7 or 8 pre typed messages) to make conversation, "good shot", "nice goal", "so close".

In the end he outshot me 11-6, but we tied 1-1 so I walked away happy.

I think the PS2 does like the xbox and switches hosts at the halves so one half I was host and the other half Bubba was.  The first half was butter smooth,  I mean just as smooth or smoother than any of our online games.  The second half I had some button lag so I assume he was hosting the second.  It was totally playable and just took a little mental adjustment after about 5 passes to make it work.  The goal I scored was in the second half and I didn't feel like I was compensating for the button lag at all.  It's looking good, Jason.  If you find it don't hesitate.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2006 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by Ted_L

It's looking good, Jason.  If you find it don't hesitate.

I will have it for sure on Saturday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345