Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Xbox Gaming Nation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXbox Gaming Nation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox Gaming Nation?
    Posted: 07-13-2007 at 2:13pm
Just get a PS3 so the rest of your Sony Entertainment center does not revolt.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2007 at 12:35pm
I just saw a video of WipeOut HD and am leaning towards the PS3 again. I'm hoping that NCAA football on the PS2 can satisfy me for a while longer.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2007 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Jason

I'm sooo confused....Wacko

I wouldn't be getting either new system if I wasn't also getting a new HDTV (Samsung LN-T4065F from Amazon). I plan on having my PC hooked up to the TV, too, so some gaming might happen there. If you're not sure, I would just wait.  I didn't get a PS2 until I could no longer get NCAA Football on the PS1! Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either -- for me it was my little preferences that tipped the scales to a PS3 now.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 5:28pm

I can live without Madden but I'm very anxious for NCAA. It'll be interesting to see the reviews for both versions of NCAA. If the Xbox 360 version isn't that great, I may just stick with the PS2 version and wait for the PS3 version next year. NASCAR 08 is the other game that will help decide my next console.

I just realized that I can use the component cable from my PS2 on the PS3. That saves me some money for my upfront investment. If Microsoft doesn't lower the price of the 360, it would $479 for an Elite or $499 for a PS3 which can use my old PS2 component cable and I wouldn't have to wait for a better-built model.

I'm sooo confused....Wacko
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 4:02pm
I can live without Madden but I'm very anxious for NCAA. It'll be interesting to see the reviews for both versions of NCAA. If the Xbox 360 version isn't that great, I may just stick with the PS2 version and wait for the PS3 version next year. NASCAR 08 is the other game that will help decide my next console.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 3:48pm

I just don't know if I want to wait that long for a good football game.

I love NCAA, but can live with 30 FPS for a year.  Sports-wise I will probably also check out 2K8 hockey and PES-whatever they're on for soccer -- I probably have played WE9 as much as NCAA 2004 to be honest.  Honestly, not caring a lick about NFL, that All-Pro Football looks pretty interesting. (Have not played Madden since ~1996 and that was on PC!)
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 2:57pm
Good points Pete. My biggest fear (if I buy a 360) is that developers get really comfortable with the PS3 in a year and start producing amazing games. I also favor the PS2-style controller by default (I never used an Xbox controller). I have no doubt that EA's games will run at 60fps on the PS3 next year. I just don't know if I want to wait that long for a good football game.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 8:54am

Are there any particular games or series that make you favor the PS3 at this point?

Well, my wife (when she plays) only likes the PS2-style controllers, so there is that.  For PS3 exclusives, we are interested in the non-sports "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".  For sports, I am intrigued by the "Pro Baseball Spirits 4" discussed on the Sportsgamers Blog.

Taking a long term view, I think the PS3 might come back enough to warrant more development focus from studios (i.e., at least equal to xbox 360) -- so I'd think they'd address the framerate issue for next year perhaps. The PS3 is #1 seller in video games on Amazon right now. We'll see.

I just have always liked the PlayStation vibe better, so it's partly just personal preference. I play minimally on-line, but when I did, I liked that it was free, too. (Enjoyed at least one good WE soccer match with Ted, a worthy opponnent!)

Pete
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 1:42am
One of the benefits of not having a wife and kids. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Brent

Too much math, less % - more buying the 360.

I just purchased a 20" Vizio so I could have a TV that does HDMI and would be easy to carry back and forth when I travel.

You're really starting to piss me off with your free-spending ways Wink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>