Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Xbox Gaming Nation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXbox Gaming Nation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox Gaming Nation?
    Posted: 07-11-2007 at 12:59pm
I may to change the name of this site 'Xbox Gaming Nation' if Ted and I both buy an Xbox 360!!!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 1:07pm
Isn't that name taken?  It sounds familiar.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Isn't that name taken?  It sounds familiar.

I just checked and it was available. Maybe I should buy it before someone else does.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 1:12pm
Maybe I'm thinking of a magazine.  It really does sound familiar.

petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 2:57pm
Guess I will be part of the shrinking minority then - looks like I will be taking advantage of Amazon's current PS3 promotion (free remote/'Memento' movie Bluray). It is really a shame that MS/Sony can't make on-line play cross-platform. I might consider paying for that. Maybe an opportunity for AOL or others to carve out a service niche?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 5:34pm
XBN was the mag...  I don't think it's published anymore.  I assume "XBN" stood for Xbox Nation.

I'm hoping you guys "jump in!"

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by petes-24

Guess I will be part of the shrinking minority then - looks like I will be taking advantage of Amazon's current PS3 promotion (free remote/'Memento' movie Bluray). It is really a shame that MS/Sony can't make on-line play cross-platform. I might consider paying for that. Maybe an opportunity for AOL or others to carve out a service niche?

I was completely convinced that I was going to buy a PS3 until I found out about EA's games running at 30-fps on it as opposed to 60-fps on the Xbox 360. I just have a feeling that EA's and 2K's sports games are going to be developed for the 360 and ported to the PS3. I'm not 100% sure about buying an Xbox 360 because I know I'll be giving up the MLB and WipeOut series on the PS3, but I'm about 90% sure that the 360 will now be my next-gen console.

Are there any particular games or series that make you favor the PS3 at this point?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 7:20pm
Too much math, less % - more buying the 360.

I just purchased a 20" Vizio so I could have a TV that does HDMI and would be easy to carry back and forth when I travel.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-11-2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Brent

Too much math, less % - more buying the 360.

I just purchased a 20" Vizio so I could have a TV that does HDMI and would be easy to carry back and forth when I travel.

You're really starting to piss me off with your free-spending ways Wink.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-12-2007 at 1:42am
One of the benefits of not having a wife and kids. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>