Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The "I've got APF2K8" but Jason forgot about me
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "I've got APF2K8" but Jason forgot about me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "I've got APF2K8" but Jason forgot about me
    Posted: 07-20-2007 at 8:45pm
Pretty much any night or weekend is good for me.  I am heading up to the farm on Sunday and coming back Tuesday so anytime after that will work.

Tried to return APF2K8 but they noticed the seal was removed and said I could get $25 store credit. I left with a grin on my face. Guess I will just have to learn to deal with my issues with the game.  Plus I hear they only plan on making this bi-annually so you won't see a version next year.  Hopefully they patch up some of the issues with the game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2007 at 7:40am
Why did you return it and why did they give you store credit if it was open?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2007 at 2:40pm
They did not give me anything for the game since I kept it. I was going to return it to EB because playing defense is a PITA plus all the stuff I mentioned earlier.   Since it was opened they said I could get $25.  I payed $59.99 for it just a day before so I laughed at the offer (especially since they would be reselling it for $54.99).   Normally they will let me slip in a return on a game I have played for a day and dislike. New manager at the store thought otherwise.

I personally like playing as linebacker or a safety on defense but unless they patch the game I am just going to have to play on the d-line. You just have to see it to believe how bad it really is.  Or go to any forum and you will see a lot of people bitching about it.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2007 at 3:27pm
Ebay it, BD
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2007 at 4:42pm
I have never used Ebay or any of the online sellers.  Always thought they were too much work and with my luck I would get scammed. Probably would not hurt to setup an ebay account just in case.

The thing is the game has some real qualities to it. I thought the legends aspect would be pretty lame but in reality it creates a lot of strategy.

While your teams are limited to two (gold tier) superstars the CPU has some teams with 4 or 5. Not only will that team be tougher to beat you have to plan your strategy around what the CPU brings to the game and where they put their stars.

While the no franchise mode is a bummer you do get to try out different teams and combinations. Maybe next time I will try a star studded defense and focus most of my legends there and see if we can try out the defense wins championships mantra.

Many gameplay aspects are better in APF2K8.  Gang Tackles and tackling in general, line play (especially o-line blocking), QB animations and running the ball. Of course to me control is the biggest issue of them all and while it is fine on offense and controlling certain players on defense, this is where I really could use a patch.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2007 at 5:07pm
I thought I was the only person on the internet who never bought or sold anything on Ebay. You should used Amazon's Marketplace.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2007 at 10:46am
Amazon is a good choice too.  We've sold books through them and have been happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12