Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The I have Madden 08 Impressions Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe I have Madden 08 Impressions Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The I have Madden 08 Impressions Thread
    Posted: 08-10-2007 at 3:40pm
Just in case someone gets it early.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2007 at 9:20am
Can one of you guys let me know if the Passing Cone can be completely turned off, even when you're playing defense? If so, this may be the game that makes me buy a 360. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Madden 08.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2007 at 3:50pm
I can all but assure it is off.  It is off in every next gen version of Madden/NCAA on both offense and defense. To use it on offense you have to press on the R-Thumbstick to bring it up. They have deemphasized this addition pretty quick.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2007 at 5:32pm
I'm waiting to hear some impressions on the 360 version. Anyone?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2007 at 6:52pm
Still playing EIEIO but hope to get it Thur night or Fri.

Mutual Impressions from the net I have perused....

Game plays fast, faster then NCAA
More fumbles then you can shake a stick at
The DB issue from NCAA is in Madden
More polished then NCAA
Still lacks atmosphere but EA working on that for 2008

People give impressions way too early.  If I had a nickel for every "Madden is back" after playing one game...

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2007 at 11:46pm
Finally home sweet home.  Getting Madden tomorrow at TRU with the 20% off.  Now what to do with the 50% off game with purchase of Madden. Hmmm...

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2007 at 7:19pm
I was so proud of myself. I stuck to Madden and will just pull some games out I was holding off for the winter when things slowed down.

Will give some impression this weekend.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2007 at 7:28pm
I'm impressed with the TRU deal, as I picked up Madden and Call of Duty 3.  Now that NASCAR has finally arrived, I probably won't spend a ton of time with Madden for a week or so.  But, when I do, I'll try to throw together some thoughts...

I do hear that the INT bug is in Madden as well.  I think I have a solid slider set for NCAA that handles the problem, so there's hope for Madden.

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2007 at 2:10am
I don't think it is a bug as much as it is the super awareness from defenders on pass plays (like my NCAA videos).  I can tolerate that to a point as it forces me to make better decisions.  The fumbles are where the problem is at and they really need to get it fixed.  In my first game there were 2 ints and 5 fumbles between me and the CPU. 

Outside of the fumble issue I really have no complaints. I knew going in that the presentation would suck some serious booty, and it does suck booty. Front end is MUCH easier to navigate. Nice that the front end/settings/controls are the same as NCAA. Many new animations and the gang tackling, while limited, is a much needed addition.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2007 at 3:35am
The more I play the more impressed I am at this game over the past two years. Online I played three random games and while I lost the first two (to the same player - they were both enjoyable, even though I lost the first game 31-0) the third was the typical cheesefest where the opponent would do the typical stuff (fake punt on 4th down after he lined up to go for it causing me to call a TO).  Fortunately he was not that good and gave up, letting me finish up the 2nd half with the CPU.

Only lag I have encountered is in the kicking game which I hope they fix.

Post Reply Post Reply