Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Links of the day (2/13/06)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLinks of the day (2/13/06)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Links of the day (2/13/06)
    Posted: 02-13-2006 at 11:10am
Outrun 2006 (PS2) Screens
Football Manager 2006 Screens

One of the worst sports game reviews I have come across as of late.

Some zingers

As a fair warning, I suggest you stay away from season mode because EA has completely downgraded it. The mode offers practically no team management, and after you finish a season, the game is over – you can't transfer it over to dynasty mode.

What the heck is this guy talking about? A season mode is just that. One season.

Another notable attribute is that not all of the gyms have been implemented into the system, so teams without a gym appear to play in a high school basketball court.

I think MM has a whopping 4 or 5 courts in the game.

For the teams that do have the gyms implemented, the feel of the stadium is realistic, lending the game that much more intensity.

Yes very intense.

Also noteworthy is that this version finally has the NCAA license, which (thankfully) means no more fake team names.

Someone slip this kid a not that MM has had the NCAA license since the inception of the game back in the 1990's. Even back when it was called Coach K. It has had 300+ teams the past few years.

Sadly, even if the play is awesome, the replay and the video quality are quite poor.

Well that is a deal breaker.

Overall, NCAA 06 March Madness is pretty solid and has a few flaws, but the gameplay is really quite fun.

mmkay

If you're looking for a good basketball game,
NCAA one is pretty good, but the gameplay modes aren't as varied and extensive as some other titles out there.

Other titles? There is only one competing college game.  Quit blabbering about NBA Live and NBA 06 in a college basketball review and proofread your review.

If you're looking for a good college basketball title, this might be just what you're looking for.

Someone please get this kid a copy of CH 2K6 ASAP.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 11:19am
 Now that's how to rip apart a review.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 11:48am
Yea I guess I am reliving the old Periscope days from SR, minus the profanity.

The reviewers name is Hank. A Hank is a guy you ask to borrow his spitoon. He writes country songs and has a truck bed of empty beer cans. The guy just needs to find his true calling. Something in Nascar is a possibility.

Oh and here is a list of all his reviews.

The WE8 review had some more zingers.

I am personally still trying to unlock the camera player view because this is a new camera view that was not in the previous installment, but it costs 1500 WEN.

Gee that takes all of 30 minutes in training mode to get. One would think by the time you write a game review you should have enough WEN to make this purchase. Especially when you mention in the review that the training mode has alot of new additions (he even bolded it). I tend to spend alot of time in places I bold. That is why it is bold.

The loading menus seem to have converted to a Windows XP style with pictures, rather than the old plain-text menus.

Seem? It either is or it isn't. Bill Gates has this kid programed with the XP comment thrown in.

I really think Hank just went to other WE8 reviews, found good tidbits and re-worded his review.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2006 at 7:41pm
Winter Challenge Demo
Fight Night Round 3 Trailer
GTR 2 (PC) Features & Screens
MLB 06 Play of the Day

Post Reply Post Reply