Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: HALO 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHALO 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportdan30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HALO 3
    Posted: 10-02-2007 at 11:45am
Jason,

Just purchase your 360 through Best Buy.  Take out the 2 year replacement plan for $59 and if you have any issue, you simply take it back to the store and exchange it for a brand new 360.  You do not have to repurchase the replacement plan each time.  Then, at least you have peace of mind.   
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 1:23pm
I have a long-standing rule that won't permit me to buy extended-service plans, especially from Best Buy. I've always had good luck with consoles though. I still own an NES, Genesis, PS1 and two PS2's that all work fine.

I'm going to roll the dice with the Xbox and if something happens, I'll make enough noise to hopefully get it repaired or replaced for free.

Sportdan, why the switch back to the Xbox 360?
sportdan30 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportdan30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:22pm

I switched for a number of reasons.  I badly missed Live.  PSN, while making serious strides just feels stale in comparison.  Not to mention they're always seemingly a week behind on demos.  In addition, the downloads take FOREVER.  I'm talking 3 hours sometimes to download 700mb. 

Also, I'm finding that I'm getting more and more interested in playing online.  Prior to the PS3, I owned a 360.  I had some of my best gaming experiences with others I've met on here as well as at DSP. 

Next, I like the 360 controller a heck of a lot better than the PS3 controller.  I don't like the trigger buttons on the PS3, as I feel like my fingers are going to slide off at any moment.  Further I'm not enamored with the analog sticks on the PS3.  Why they don't make them with better grips, and perhaps a concave feel to them, I'll never understand that.  Also, the 360 just feels right when it comes to racers and shooters. 

Right now, there are more quality games on the 360 that justify switching back.  Minus The Show however.  That is the best all around sports game I've every played.  I'm hoping MLB 2K8 makes significant strides to alleviate me missing this fabulous game.  Still, it's only one game.  Unfortunately, PS3 has failed to deliver on a couple of their big budget titles and to make matters worse, they seem to delay many of their games.  Now, they definitely have some wonderful games on the horizon, so that's a plus. 

In the end, it's just personal preference.  Whichever you're most comfortable with is the way to go.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-16-2007 at 9:20pm
http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/2782/Halo-3-Review.htm
A compelling review...  when Jason gets his 360, I'd be up for picking this up for some co-op and multiplayer online...

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123