Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: CH2K6 Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCH2K6 Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CH2K6 Tips
    Posted: 01-25-2006 at 8:17pm
Tips on scoring and being succesful with (Closed Legacy) Teams.

* Get to know you players strengths and weaknesses. Shooting midrange shots using a C or PF with a low rating, or taking a bunch of short shots with a PG, SG will lead you to pull your hair out with misses.

* Move the ball around, find the open spots and take alot of open jumpers. You are going to make more shots when a hand is not in your face. Same goes for 3-point shooting. Most closed legacy teams are weak in this area and you are better off not focusing on your team shooting a bunch of 3's.

* Focus your coaching sliders on rebounding/transition defense. You are already a weak team. Giving up a bunch of fast break points will not help things.

* Out of a 2-3 Zone work on cutting off passing lanes with one of your gaurds. You need all the steals you can get. Get in a defensive stance and work that strip and rip strip stick.

Tips on Starting Closed Legacies: (I like having one of these because of coaches getting fired/hired) what I do not like are the selection of teams available and how certain conferences are left out. I would prefer to have the weakest team in each conference available instead of the bottom 25. Although I found a way around that (discussed further down).

The bottom 25 or so teams are available to choose from. If you try to tweak one of these teams rosters before starting a Legacy you can impact their availability.

For example: using New Hampshire (my closed Legacy) I was able to drop the ratings of a couple players I planned on releasing anyway "This is done before you actually start a Legacy and save it". I increased the stamina/clutch factor of my starters and a couple backups. You have to stick to certain attributes otherwise you bump their overall rating quickly causing them not to show up when you create a closed legacy. In my case I was able to get stamina up to the 80-90's for all my starters and a bump of 5 or so points to each starters clutch factor.

You can also lower the ratings of teams to get them to show up in a Closed Legacy for a conference not represented in the default setting.

For example: there are no teams from the Horizon conference in the Closed Legacy. You can take a team like Cleveland St and drop down their players attributes to get an overall rating that would make them a bottom 25 team. By lowering the attributes of a few players you never plan to use you are not harming your team (at least for a couple years).

You can save and rewrite a roster just to see how much you can get away with tweaking before starting your Closed Legacy. In testing purposes you simply start legacies to see if your team is there and then once all the way though the Legacy options you exit w/o saving.  Restore a previous roster and edit again to see what you can get away with.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply