Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: 5.1 Sound on the 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5.1 Sound on the 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.1 Sound on the 360
    Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:26pm
I had thought of a work around for that.  Just turn the headphones into stereo for that part and use the mic jack one of the speaker jacks and have it all in one.  That is assuming that the headset part hooks up in a compatible way.

Thanks for researching guys.  I'll figure something out.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

So the 360 is geared more towards plugging into a home theater receiver?

I would imagine so.  The problem to me is if you play online alot.  Where you need headset (XBL)  and a headphone for the sound.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

It seems to look like that.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:04pm

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:03pm
Actually, I don't think it does.  I think I see that in a little picture on the site.  Mine is an older out of production model and it came with a converter that allowed you to plug it into a different size jack, but not  a stereo/usb converter.  The USB on my set is used to power a little rectangular box.  The  phones plug into the box with what appears to be a 40mm jack and the box has the usb and the sound jacks coming out the other end.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 4:00pm
What you are going to need is a - AC97 Mini Jack to optical/digital converter.

I have looked and not found anything so far.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 3:45pm
So the one you have has the stereo to USB converter?

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 3:40pm
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 3:36pm
This is the updated version of my headphones.  Mine have a boom mic and the new ones are built in.  http://www.ltbaudio.com/mgusb51.html
They say they are true 5.1.  They are really amazing to me and I can highly recommend them if anyone is in the market for 5.1 headphones.   I think I got them for $80 two years ago.  They are comfortable for hours at a time Embarrassed and really feel like the sound is in your head.  I haven't heard a pair of speakers that come close to the sound I get from these.  The one downside has been they have been on the flimsy side and I have had to epoxy them three times in two years.  Still working great though if they are a bit ugly to look at now LOL.

The reason I'm so interested in this is that when I get a 360 I want to play it right where my PC is.  So I'll use my Dell and these headphones for sound.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 3:13pm
Ted, do your headphones produce true surround sound or simulated surround sound?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>