Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 08 to get patched
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 08 to get patched

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 08 to get patched
    Posted: 11-01-2007 at 3:35am
I am happy with the changes. Although we need alternate uniforms. 

Info

NCAA%20Football%2008%20Uconn%20USF

While the upcoming patch for Madden has been looming for a while, there wasn’t much expectation that NCAA Football 08 would receive one as well. Despite that one was released just recently (under the radar) for the PS3 and seems likely to be out for the 360 in the near future. I am hoping to get word on the status of the 360 patch soon.

Unfortunately some of the major issues such as the depth chart button lag were not dealt with, however the gameplay will be affected significantly due to the adjustments. Here is what the patch takes care of:

Gameplay: Fumble Chance has been tuned to more realistic values and logic. Fumbling has been tuned to occur during more realistic scenarios such as big hits and collisions.

Gameplay: Defense Secondary aggressive coverage has been addressed. Defensive players AI has been better tuned for only certain percentile of defensive backs have the ability to make aggressive moves that are effective.

Gameplay: Pass Lead Tuning on Lob passes has been improved.
The user has the ability to lead receivers with lob passes now.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-01-2007 at 6:29am
Now I'm getting excited about buying a 360 again!!!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 12:25pm
Apparently the 360 version can't be patched (From Pastatpadre)

Update 11/1: I have done some digging and found out that due to some technical conflicts there will be no patch released for the 360 version.

Why I am giving these people money?  Why?

petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 12:36pm
Can I add a smug PS3 reply?  We finally get one up on you all!  Thumbs%20Up

Looking to pick this up on the cheap now from eBay -- great timing!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 12:47pm
360 broken AI - 60fps
PS3 fixed AI - 30fps

With EA we all lose  Cry

petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Brent

360 broken AI - 60fps
PS3 fixed AI - 30fps

With EA we all lose  Cry

True; forgot about that.  Still, I had no problems with the PS3 demo -- I still need to be convinced that my brain can process those extra 30 frames each second!

Anyway, throw us PS3-ers a bone!

Pete

PS3gamingnation.com  Wink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by petes-24

PS3gamingnation.com  Wink

LOL

I really wish one of these companies would step up to the plate and make me want to buy a next-gen system. I'm currently enjoying my PS2 more than ever before.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 6:20pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2007 at 6:45pm
Well maybe it will still be patched...

While news broke that the recently-released patch for Electronic Arts’ NCAA Football 08 on the PlayStation 3 would not be released for the Xbox 360, 5WG has learned that the situation has changed since then, and a patch for the 360 might indeed be forthcoming.

Apparently, e-mails have been flying and discussions are currently being held at the game’s development studio, EA Tiburon, as the NCAA team is trying to determine whether the patch, which fixes various gameplay issues such as the number of fumbles and defensive backs reacting to (and intercepting) passes that they shouldn’t be able to see, can be applied to the Xbox 360 version after all.

It was made clear that the team wants to apply this patch to both next-gen consoles, and it was designed expressly for that purpose. After all, the Xbox 360 version has sold more copies of the game than the PS3 and PS2 versions combined, and they took pains to point out that they had no desire to alienate any of their customers, nor do they wish to be perceived as playing favorites.

Saying that “technical issues” were the source of the problem, it’s not a stretch to infer that these issues - which were overcome by the less online-centric PS3, are likely due at least in part to Microsoft’s stringent approval process regarding game updates and patches.

While the notion of release-then-patch is something that was best left in the PC world, there’s no doubt that the ability to improve a game, post-release, is advantageous to consumers - so long as the games are not rushed out the door and studios aren’t selling incomplete games to its customers. Sony and EA got together and solved this quickly - now, we wait to see if Microsoft and EA can do the same, giving its customers the best in-game experience possible.

If not, the largest audience for one of the most successful games of the summer might be left in the dark.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-08-2007 at 1:50pm
Available 
PS2RESURGENCE.COM is available!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>