Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NHL 08 Online (PS2)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL 08 Online (PS2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 08 Online (PS2)
    Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:10pm
Great games tonight Ted. I didn't realize until halfway through the 2nd period of the first game that I was using classic controls. I couldn't figure out why my guys weren't shooting when I pushed the analog stick Embarrassed.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:12pm
DOH!

Well, you certainly figured it out by the second game.  Nice spanking.  I may have to consider replacing my headset. 

Lots of fun tonight.  Gonna create a ladder?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

DOH!

It was alot of fun. I'll create a ladder to track our games, but I'd like to do some sort of league too. Have any ideas?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Jason

DOH!

It was alot of fun. I'll create a ladder to track our games, but I'd like to do some sort of league too. Have any ideas?

The ladder is up: NHL 08 Ladder (PS2)
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:26pm

How many games do  you think we can play?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 10:28pm

How many games do  you think we can play?

Let's start off with about 12 - 20 games.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2007 at 11:03pm

Playoffs too or a straight best record wins the championship?  We can always have a single tiebreaker game if necessary.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2007 at 7:48am
I'd love to have a best-of-5 playoff series, but it would make the regular season pointless with only two players.

Also, when are you available to play again online?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2007 at 12:53pm
I am available any night this week.

By best of 5 do you mean a playoff tournament instead of a season...or playoffs tacked on to the season?

I guess the question is do you only want to play with NJ?  Or are you willing to play with other teams like we did in the NCAA Football season?

I think and East-West format would be fun.  If you take NJ I'll take Vancouver, which is the closest team to where I live.  We can play just within our own divisions, a home and away for each.  That would be 16 games total, 8 for NJ and 8 for Vancouver.  If we were close to even at the end of the season we could have a simple single game or best of 3 championship.

How did you like 5 minute periods?  Long enough?  The medium game speed seemed just fine to me.

Also, I joined the ladder so you can post your two victories.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2007 at 12:59pm
I'm available any night this week too. Let know what nights are better for you. I can also play as late as 10pm during the week since the games are quick.

I was thinking about playoffs tacked onto a season, but would like to do what we did with NCAA Football. Can we work in a home and away series for NJ and Vancouver during the season to extend it a little bit. Hopefully it's close at the end of the season so we can have some type of championship.

5 Minutes periods are fine with me. What's the next option? 6 or 10 minutes?

I actually chose "Slow" as the game speed for our second game. I thought that's what you picked for the first game too. "Medium" is fine with me though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>