Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NHL 08 Online Tonight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL 08 Online Tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 08 Online Tonight
    Posted: 12-03-2007 at 11:05pm
Don't get upset when I run up the score on you during our next football game Wink.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-03-2007 at 11:19pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-03-2007 at 11:20pm
It looks like we're going to go with:

Web: NJD
Brent: PIT
Jason: COL
Ted: VAN

This gives us an inter-division rivalry and also a nice east-west conference thing.

Jason and I don't like to put time limits or minimum games per week on our leagues.  We tend to play them for as long as we have interest or until the next version of the game comes out.  Considering that there is plenty of real hockey season left.......

Can I get a sense of what everyone would like to see as far as number of games and level of commitment?  10 games, 20, more?  Is less than 10 exciting enough?  Is  20 impossible?  Keep in mind we'll play in spurts and then sometimes go off a game for a couple or few weeks and come back to it.  The only finish deadline I ever have in mind is to try and wrap it up by the end of that sport's season.  We'll be playing 10 minute periods in all likelihood to lessen the chances of shootouts.

Do you want to see more variety of opponents than just these four teams?  Do you want a playoff?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-04-2007 at 9:25am
I don't have a problem playing with just the four teams. Maybe we should compromise and start with a 16-game season. We can always have a second season if things work out well. I think the winner of each division plays against each other for the championship (maybe a best-of-three).
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-04-2007 at 1:31pm
What would a 16 game season look like? 2 home and aways is 12 games and 3 is 18 games.  What was the format you had in mind?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2007 at 9:37am
2 home and aways for 12 sounds good to me for a start, though with only four teams, we may want the top 2 to play for a championship rather than using division winners.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2007 at 10:00am
Originally posted by webdanzer

2 home and aways for 12 sounds good to me for a start, though with only four teams, we may want the top 2 to play for a championship rather than using division winners.

Agreed. 12 games (2 home and 2 away against each team) works for me.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2007 at 12:11pm
I know Brent will go with the flow so let's just go with two home and aways.  Since there is an equal number of games between conference and non-conference I don't feel an east-west playoff is necessary.  Either top guy could be the champion at end of season or we'll do 3 game playoff between the top two?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2007 at 1:47pm

I like the 3 game playoff.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2007 at 2:04pm
I'm fine with a playoff as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>