Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Just got my first 360 Error
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust got my first 360 Error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just got my first 360 Error
    Posted: 12-18-2007 at 1:16pm
Bottom right red ring.  E 64 DVD drive errror. 

Happened when I went to open the tray to pop in a disc.  No disc was in the tray at time.  Tray didn't open and error screen appeared.  I'm going to assume this is a random hardware glitch.

Made my heart stop for a split second.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 3:32pm
My 360 was louder than usual the other night. It's been okay since then Confused.

Ted, Did you buy an extended warranty?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 3:44pm
No.  And considering I've only owned the box for 6 weeks I'm ok with the standard warranty.  I think it was an anomaly.

However, I have noticed slower loading times between pressing start and when games begin to play.  Is there a cache or something that needs to be cleared every so often?  My 20GB HDD has 8.7 GB left on it.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 3:54pm
Wow. I've only got 4.7GB left on mine.

Like you, I'm fine with the standard warranty.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 4:19pm
I delete demos regularly after I play them.  Kept a few, discarded the rest.  Did you ever try Guitar Hero III demo?  I still play it regularly and my wife laughs her ass off at my ham fisted style.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 4:25pm
I haven't. This thread will hopefully remind me to download it tonight.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 6:19pm
I had one lock-up in the summer, but nothing ever since.  Hopefully, Ted, it's just an anomoly.

Maybe there was a slight power surge or something...

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 6:42pm
Or maybe my wife left for work and left the 360 on.  Angry
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-26-2007 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Bottom right red ring.  E 64 DVD drive errror. 

Happened when I went to open the tray to pop in a disc.  No disc was in the tray at time.  Tray didn't open and error screen appeared.  I'm going to assume this is a random hardware glitch.

I just got the same exact error message. I was trying to open the tray as soon as I turned on the 360 and this error message popped up. I'll wait until the console is at the dashboard before opening and closing the tray in the future.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-26-2007 at 3:04pm
That was different from my circumstances.  The 360 had been on for awhile and I went to open the tray and got the error. 

No errors since though, exept the ones I'm getting on xbox live where it shows me losing NCAA football games to Jason and Brent.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>