Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Virtual Baseball Season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirtual Baseball Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Baseball Season
    Posted: 03-03-2008 at 7:41am

The developer of the League Standings application has made some updates for me just in time for the baseball season. The program now supports individual user-permissions (among other changes).

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 1:40pm

When do we want to start?  Are we still waiting to see if everyone's going to get/keep the game?

Kevin

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 2:31pm
I have the game, and would be willing to try a test run against someone.  (though probably not tonight, unless late.)
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 3:06pm
I have it, too...  If I test against you, Derek, I'll expect to get one hit and lose 13-0.  Then I'll know it's working right.  Smile

Maybe sometime later this week...  Evenings at 10:00 EST or later usually work best for me.

Thanks,

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 3:10pm
I have it and can test if I am on when one of you are.  Definitely keeping it since there are no other choices.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 11:10pm
I entered the schedule that Ted came up with on the league site if we decide to go ahead with this league:

2 home and 2 away games against divisional teams.
1 home and 1 away game against non-divisional teams.

It comes to 7 home and 7 away games for a total season of 14 games (not including playoffs).
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2008 at 3:36pm
Should we wait until the patch is released before starting the season?
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2008 at 4:23pm
I wouldn't mind waiting for the patch to come out, especially since newly released patches often have errors that need immediate attention anyway - usually with the online portion of the game (just a trend I have noticed).

Plus, I haven't had time to work with the game yet, and all you online baseball jocks already have a clear advantage over me ..... I at least want to look respectable and be somewhat competitive with you guys!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2008 at 4:30pm
I don't even own the game yet and I tend to suck at baseball games, so you should be okay playing your games against me.

I agree, we should wait for the patch.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2008 at 8:15pm
Are you picking this one up anytime soon? I have been sick the past few days so please excuse my lack of posting.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>