Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 08
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 08
    Posted: 03-02-2008 at 7:07pm
Well, I decided not to buy 08 after owning 07, which means I will definitely be buyin 09 (unless they take a few steps back, which I doubt).

But I decided to gamefly the 08 version.  So, if anyone wants a practice match against a newbie, I am game.  Plus, I got it because I am in another achievement whore competition (winner gets one year free to XBL gold), so if anyone wants to indulge me when I get it ......

Plus I am looking forward to see if there is going to be an 09 league going later this year.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-02-2008 at 7:24pm
I can almost guarantee that there will be an NCAA 09 league this summer. What nights and times are you available this week for a game?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-02-2008 at 8:22pm
If you see me on  (bdosg)  I can play. 

By the way, since you admitted to being an achievement whore, a little FYI.

Play 15 minute quarters
Use  USC  and  play against Buffalo or Temple
Simulate the entire game - this can now be done in-game
pile up amazing stats
get lots of achievements

Unless one of the patches fixed this any achievement gained through a simulation will count.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 7:48pm
Decisions, decisions.

OK, I am past the achievement whoring portion of my week.  With 5 days left to go, the leader in the competition (I sh*t you not) has racked up 5000 achievement points in 9 days!!!  I am in fifth with about 800, although I saw early on it was a lost cause.

So now, what do I do?  I find myself enjoying NCAA 08, despite the fact that I have 07 and plan on buying 09.  Do I just keep it for another week or so or should I buy it from Gamefly, even though 09 comes out in 4 months?  The buy price is 27.99 and I have 5 bucks in coupons.

Guess I will try playing in dynasty mode and see how I feel after a few games before I decide.

It won't matter much once Rainbow Six and GTA come out though.  Plus if they ever patch MLB.  Damn, too many games, not enough time.  I thought post-Xmas was supposed to be a slowdown!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 7:54pm
That's a tough choice. NCAA 08 is a very good game and is still popular among Brent, Ted and myself. I wouldn't be shocked if EA took a step back with 09 either.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 8:02pm
If EA takes a step back 08 will be even cheaper then.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 8:20pm
EA will not take a step back with NCAA09

<----------  Daydream believer but not the homecoming queen

You only have around 4 months until 09 comes out. Just thought I would add that into the equation.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2008 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Brent

You only have around 4 months until 09 comes out. Just thought I would add that into the equation.

Yeah, but I am the King of immediate satisfaction  Wink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2008 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Originally posted by Brent

Yeah, but I am the King of immediate satisfaction  Wink

I think you answered your own question then WinkLOL.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2008 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Jason

I think you answered your own question then WinkLOL.

Nah, I might get strong this time and resist the temptation.  I see myself keeping it for at least a week or two to finish off a dynasty with my favorite college team though (USC, and no I am not one of those just getting on the bandwagon - I have been a fan of theirs since 1972).

One thing I notice is that this version of the game is taxing on my 360.  It seems to be constantly pulling data from the disc.  I hope it is only because I got a bad copy, 'cause otherwise my console is dying again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>