Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K8
    Posted: 03-13-2008 at 5:17pm
LOL We'll have to settle this online.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-13-2008 at 5:59pm
Or......

The Sox and Yankees will settle it on the field.  I think we should get a side bet going ..... Yanks go further than the Sox this year, I have to wear a Yanks hat during the offseason.  Sox go further, you wear a Sox cap all offseason.

Pictures expected both ways  Big%20smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-13-2008 at 6:55pm
Deal.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-13-2008 at 7:16pm
There has to be pictures too.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-14-2008 at 1:44pm
2K Games Responds To MLB 2K8 Framerate Concerns

Responding to concerns about framerate issues in the newly released game MLB 2K8, a spokesperson for Take-Two told us today that the company is aware of the problem and a fix is in the works.

“It has come our attention that there are a few technical issues within Major League Baseball 2K8 that may effect gameplay enjoyment for some players.  2K Sports is currently working on several downloadable updates that will correct these issues for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 console versions.  Specifically, the Xbox 360 update will alleviate reported concerns with the framerate to greatly improve the in-game playability, while a patch for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 will correct an error in Franchise mode when playing as the San Diego Padres and attempting to move players to and from their minor league rosters. These updates are currently undergoing technical review, and will be available to download shortly, free of charge.”

They also assured us that the framerate problems are in no way related to the issues with Bully, which had similar problems and was released on the same day.

Source: GameInformer.com
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2008 at 8:43am
Is there an option to turn off the homerun camera view so that you don't know it's a homerun the second you hit the ball?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-29-2008 at 11:45pm
Well, I played 6 games with the retail version of MLB 2K8 today and like it more than ever now that I'm able to change the cameras and settings (and use the Yankees). The best part is that I can load my Xbox profile, start the game with all of my custom settings, unload my Xbox profile (including MLB's VIP to eliminate the frame rate issue) and NOT lose my settings. I can easily live with that until the patch is released.

I think the new baserunning scheme is amazing and was completely comfortable with it after two games. I really enjoy the new pitching and fielding mechanics, and can't believe how much I enjoy using the swing stick (I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks). Hopefully the game gets even better after the patch.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-31-2008 at 6:06pm
Just an FYI:

Amazon.com is selling the PS3 version for only $39.99.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-15-2008 at 9:42am
So has anyone tried this online lately to see if the lag is improved?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112