Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K8
    Posted: 03-08-2008 at 2:49am
I'm pretty pissed.  Online simply does not work with this game. 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 12:14pm
Wasn't the frame rate one of the big complaints about MLB 2K7? Was it fixed in an update?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 12:45pm
Not really, I do not recall a patch for it specifically.  The big complaints for 2K7 were the amount of HR's and the amount of HR's you could rob, also the fielding was a big issue and the one camera available was not well liked.  The camera part was patched by adding a new foul pole camera.

Hey even Pastapadre agrees with our angst about online play and the inabilty to use custom options in unranked games.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 1:44pm
After discussing it with Derek last night I really have to agree that it is just shameful and downright fraudulent that this was released. If you advertise something on the box and it can't deliver consumers should have the right to a refund based on a defective product. Online play is not playable by any means with this release.

Maybe we should pressure congress to enact the video game consumer rights act of 2008
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 3:13pm
I feel bad for 360-only people;it seems the only baseball option this season is pretty dismal.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 4:12pm
Well I haven't really played it yet, but I am starting to regret opening the package.  I may be naive, but I have faith they will fix it.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 4:25pm
Looks like they're at least addressing the issue:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163317
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 4:53pm
How does the pitching work in 2K7 and is it available as an option in 2k8?
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 4:55pm
According to the manual, the game gives you the option of the classic versions of pitching and hitting as well as the new versions.  Since I don't have earlier incarnations of the game, I couldn't tell you if that was from 2k7 or not.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 5:28pm
In 2k8 you can pitch like you do in 2k7

In 2k7 you cannot pitch like in 2k8, but supposedly you can go backwards and pitch like 2k6 (the K zone).

In 2k7 the pitching is two button presses, the first being a press and hold for power and break and the second being for accuracy.  If you hold the button down longer you get a more effective pitch, but it can be harder to release it accurately.

There are many who say it is too easy to pitch strikes and that is probably true compared to real life, but the challenge is more in mixing up speeds and location and keeping the hitter off balance.  There are hitters in the game (A-Rod, Giambi) who can crush pitches that are even outside the strike zone.  I myself find it challenging to throw good pitches once the pitcher becomes fatigued (less than 30% left) or when using  a journeyman).  It can be quite challenging to throw good pitches even if it is relatively easy to throw strikes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>