Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K8
    Posted: 03-08-2008 at 6:06pm
I asked because I downloaded the 2K7 demo again and liked the pitching mechanics even though I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing. It's nice to have it as an option in 2K8.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Jason

I asked because I downloaded the 2K7 demo again and liked the pitching mechanics even though I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing. It's nice to have it as an option in 2K8.

I can see why you guys like 2K7, but the fielding is much better in 2K8 (at least when comparing the demos). I'm still not convinced that the graphics are worse in 2K8. I know Brent posted those comparison shots, but 2K8 does NOT look like that on my TV. I'm going to play the 2K7 demo some more too, but I wish you could get rid of the moving cameras while you play.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 6:24pm
I have no idea if the cameras in the demo were updated.  I thoroughly enjoy the cameras in 2k7 except when long drives to the outfield take my fielder out of the view.  Sometimes it can be confusing.

What moving cameras are you referring to?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 7:21pm
I don't like how on a ground ball to third, the camera will shift to behind the first base line after the third baseman throws the ball. I also don't like how the camera sometimes follows the baserunner on hits to the outfield. I don't like gameplay cameras that change perspective on the fly.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 7:30pm
Ok, those are the same in the game.  I do like that switch to the first baseman after the throw.  I don't know, it just seems to add some flair to the game for me.  I have gotten used to the one about the baserunner.  It can be tricky trying to judge when to go for extra bases with it, but all considered I prefer to see it occasionally than not at all.  You'd like 2k8 then.  From what I've seen so far all of that is gone, which I find disappointing.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

From what I've seen so far all of that is gone, which I find disappointing.

I NEVER thought I'd be one of the few to really like MLB 2K8 this year LOL.

Ted, have you ever tried playing 2K7 online? If so, how did it play?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 9:55pm
I haven't, but I want to.  I have been told it suffered from lag issues as well.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 11:34pm
Jason, you mentioned that your outfielders were running into each other and I said I have had that happen as well.  It seems you have to call off the other fielder, but I don't know what the control is.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 11:35pm
Ted, I'd be very interested in your opinion on the MLB 2K8 demo. I'm beginning to think that the demo looks and plays better than the final game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2008 at 11:40pm
I just peeked over at DSP and there are quite a few people that share your love, Jason.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>