Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA March Madness 08 on Sale...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA March Madness 08 on Sale...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA March Madness 08 on Sale...
    Posted: 04-15-2008 at 1:15pm
The ball physics are terrible. Just watch a tip-off and see how the ball gets "tipped" like a rocket back to a player.  I hate the two shot button thing also.  Of course I sense the future will be Live and MM so I might as well start getting used to it now. Especially with the absence of a CH2K9. 2ksports lost me a customer on all of their hoops games due to that. 

Plus it is EA's world and I am just living in it (as my sig dictates with very little outside of the EA Sports line).

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 1:19pm
You're right about the tip-off, but the ball physics off the rim are much better.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 1:27pm
Give me a few days with the game to get the controls and we can tear it up online.  Until then we can always finish out the NCAA08 season.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 2:34pm
How soon are you looking to buy it?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 2:45pm
Picking it up today and reserving UEFA and Top Spin 3.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 5:10pm
You're such an EA fanboy WinkLOL.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 7:14pm
Brent,

Make sure you watch this tutorial:

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2008 at 8:35pm
Just got back with it. Will check out the video.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-16-2008 at 7:22am
You can check out a better-quality video here:

March Madness 08 Tutorial
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-16-2008 at 6:13pm
I think I have it down now. Just need to get used to the 2 buttons for shooting.  Kinda difficult when you have been using the "X" button for the past 8 or 9 years to shoot and now it is the layup/dunk button. EA was doing a good job on making their games customizable but for some reason in the basketball genre they force you to play it their way.

I find broadcast and floor cameras to work well. There are a few good things but it still pales in comparison to 2k8 in many avenues. Every shot looks like you are tossing a shot put and nobody has any arc on their shot. It also gets to the basket too quickly, even for a flat shot. The post play is excellent, unfortunately listening to Vitale telling you to get the ball down low is not so excellent after the 562nd time in a game. I like the fact you have to be careful with your passes (far better in MM regarding stupid passes getting intercepted.)  Also they did a nice job with post players and ball handlers losing the ball when they stay in one place too long (though it might be a bit overdone). Free Throw cameras are silly willy, who wants to see an ariel view of a FT?

The best part of the game are the classic teams. Ewing was dominating me in the paint.  Bird was a one man show with Indiana St bombing from long range as he came off screens. Texas Western looked like Texas Western.  They had the older teams wearing the short shorts.

I really have no major complaints with moving to MM because that is where the future is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>