Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: 2K Sports getting ripped a new one...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2K Sports getting ripped a new one...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2K Sports getting ripped a new one...
    Posted: 04-02-2008 at 9:58am
2K Sports is getting ripped a new one on their forums for the "missing" patch that was supposed to be released yesterday. I'm not happy about being told the patch would be available yesterday and again today, yet there is still no patch. At this point, I'm just hoping it gets released sometime this week.

I wonder if the reviews for MLB 2K8 would have been much better if it was released at a later date with less bugs Hmmm....
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 10:56am
Isn't that always the case?  I don't see why companies are so obsessed with releasing sports games so early.  The rosters are always screwed up, and the games always lack that "polish" that make them special. 

I suppose being early gets them a few thousand extra sales right now, but I'd bet in the long run they lose more customers because of their crappy products and service.

Why couldn't they just be honest about the patch?  Instead, they act like politicians and certain steriod users mentioned in the Mitchell report...

These clowns make EA look like a smooth operation...

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by K_Mosley

I suppose being early gets them a few thousand extra sales right now, but I'd bet in the long run they lose more customers because of their crappy products and service.

I couldn't agree more. You only have one shot to make a first impression Wink. I honestly feel that this may hurt the sales of MLB 2K9 next year too.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 12:03pm
Brinkman's been playing this game for two years in a row now.  He hypes the title up, makes all of these promises, and then disappears.  I'm a sucker for baseball games, but I'll be hard pressed to jump at 2K9, unless they (finally) deliver on 2K8.

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 12:48pm
Pandemonium has broken out at the 2K forum. The forum mod ronnie.singh (the person who promised the patch yesterday) is banning members and deleting threads like crazy LOL.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 4:41pm
Hmm I wonder if someone here got banned.  Hmmm...

maybe on pages 31-33

You will have missed the thread created by a Yankee fan asking "Who is MLK?"  It was deleted.

With that said, there is still no patch out. LOL

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 8:26pm
Don't know about youu guys but the Ronz makes me want to purchase more games from 2ksports.

ronnie.singhs%20Avatar
ronnie.singh ronnie.singh%20is%20offline vbmenu_register("postmenu_1742763", true);
Resident Panther
Bench Warmer

Default The next new thread that is opened...

I understand your guys frustration for the still lacking patch. But if you read my thread, I said it was imminently going to be released. It has been approved by Microsoft. You'll get it when they put it up.

You guys can complain all you want. But you're making my job a lot harder not putting all your thoughts in one thread. There is an official thread about the patch/lack thereof. The next people who open a new thread about the patch are going on vacation.
Old 1 Hour Ago
ronnie.singhs%20Avatar
ronnie.singh ronnie.singh%20is%20offline vbmenu_register("postmenu_1743626", true);
Resident Panther
Bench Warmer

I have to finish some other work, I have spent way too much time on the threads today when, due to my responsibilities, I really shouldn't be posting much at all. Please stay within the guidelines in your posts including keeping to one thread for all patch related matters. People who open new threads or cuss out people will be going on vacation. Three people earned IP bans today for extremely abusive posts.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 9:02pm
I wish they'd just release the patch already because I can't put up with all the bullsh*t going on at the 2K forum for much longer.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 9:16pm
Might as well come to accept it, this is our future as console gamers. The patch would be nice but it is also kinda fun seeing the egg all over the face of 2ksports.

Oh do me a favor and play a game AS the Chicago White Sox.  Play until you get to bat with Jim Thome.  When at the plate ask yourself if he said something derogatory to a 2ksports employee to have him get a player model like this.

Seriously he came up to bat and I actually said to myself WTF!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2008 at 9:20pm
Check out A-Rod and Matsui too. You should also check out the gut on Melky Cabrera.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>