Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K8 League?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K8 League?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K8 League?
    Posted: 04-29-2008 at 12:47pm
Is anyone still interested in an MLB 2K8 league? I know Ted, Grambo and myself are still interested and wanted to know if anyone else was.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-29-2008 at 9:00pm
Funny story...  I go into the local Hastings electronic store, where I had some store credit.  The story has a sad ending for my wallet as I end up getting MLB2K8 again and GTAIV.

So yea I will give the game a second chance and use the default controls (new pitching/hitting) so I can play in a league.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-29-2008 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Brent

The story has a sad ending for my wallet as I end up getting MLB2K8 again and GTAIV.

You're a rock Wink.

We have at least 4 guys now though.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-15-2008 at 10:53pm
Were we still looking at doing this? I would still be in. Heck what if we did just a quick league with a couple home and away games against each other?  If the lag is still there we could use the one button control games to lessen the effect.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 10:11am
I'd be willing to try an online game one night this weekend to see how it plays. I'd like to play with the Total Control scheme for the league though.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 11:00am
I could never play with that Total Control mess. I tried and I tried but it was simply not fun.  The only thing I like is the new fielding, everything else is back to the buttons.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 11:06am
I would be absolutely shocked if the game is anywhere near playable online now, considering how bad it was.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 6:50pm
Jason, I'm willing to try just to see how it is.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 6:53pm
Sounds good. I just downloaded the new roster (dated 5-14-08) today. BTW, Grambo's boys are going to be doing some PGR4 racing tonight if you're interested. Maybe we could try an MLB game before or after racing - or tomorrow night.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-16-2008 at 7:01pm
My parents are in from the midwest so probably not tonight and then I pick up my son tomorrow night so that is out.  Maybe early next week?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>