Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
    Posted: 06-11-2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Jason

I'd like to have him here and will definitely invite him to join the NASCAR league.

Here's a list of interested members so far:

• Ted
  • Grambo
  • Kevin
  • Adam
  • Derek
  • Jason

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2008 at 9:02pm
Updated 6/11 @ 10pm

Here's a list of interested members so far:

• Ted
  • Grambo
  • Kevin
  • Adam
  • Derek
  • Jason
  • Fazeo
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2008 at 8:14am

Is the league going to allow full individual set-ups and tweaking, or will folks be running with the same type of set-ups?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2008 at 8:35am
I guess we'll see what everyone wants to do. I don't usually mess with my car set-ups and would like to see everyone on a level playing field, but I don't mind either way.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2008 at 9:11am

I guess we'll see what everyone wants to do. I don't usually mess with my car set-ups and would like to see everyone on a level playing field, but I don't mind either way.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of using custom set-ups. It would force me to learn an aspect of the game that I've never used before. Would the guys that are familiar with this be willing to share their setups or help a newbie like myself?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2008 at 11:35pm
I'd like to allow for custom setups.  I'm no expert, but I have enjoyed tweaking setups in the past with other games like Indycar Series.  I'd be willing to share any success as well.

My personal experience is that the setup that allows you to go fastest isn't always the best.  There is something to be said for a car that is stable and handles predictably.  Clean races score points.

Gamefly shipped Nascar today.  I'll be racing by Monday I'd guess.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2008 at 9:21am
If you guys can, give me a day or so notice for when you think a few of you will be on together, and I'll try to rent this from a local store so that I can tag along.  Gamefly just sent me a bunch of other games that I will be keeping for a little while, so I'll go the local rental route if I can to get on the track.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2008 at 4:52pm
Ted should have his copy early in the week and I'm fine with playing any night.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2008 at 6:31pm

I'm fine with playing any night.

Ditto me.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2008 at 12:34pm
We need to discuss some of the details for the league now that we tested out the online play. Here are some of the things we need to discuss:

• How many races?
  • Race Length?
  • Wear Factor?
  • Number of AI?
  • AI difficulty?
  • Damage and Flag options?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>