Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
    Posted: 06-18-2008 at 3:36pm
Pretty clever!

And I've always wanted to kick NASCAR's ass! ;)
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 4:02pm
I had fun racing in NASCAR 09 with you guys the other night, I'm looking forward to participating in the NASACR 09 league.

It is too bad about the performance points being carried over to the Live portion of the game, I guess it is similar to how your golfer in the TW 08 gets "performance points" and that carries over to your Live play too.

I wished they would have a host option that would make everyone have the same car/points to make it more equal.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Fazeo

I guess it is similar to how your golfer in the TW 08 gets "performance points" and that carries over to your Live play too.

I wished they would have a host option that would make everyone have the same car/points to make it more equal.

Hi Fazeo!

Yep, it seems like it's another Tiger situation.  Even in 1p career mode this could be a problem if you make yourself too good; things might get too easy very quickly! :(
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Derek

Pretty clever!

And I've always wanted to kick NASCAR's ass! ;)

...and everyone gets to feel like a winner WinkLOL.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 4:25pm
Does anyone need their username and password for the league site?
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Oh and I'm claiming the #40 Tums car.

You realise, since the Tums car is driven by NASCAR's only British racer, that I'm now backing you all the way?  Don't fail me, mate...
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

You realise, since the Tums car is driven by NASCAR's only British racer, that I'm now backing you all the way?  Don't fail me, mate...

THAT explains a lot!!!!!

The Brits drive on the wrong side of the road ..... they still think the metric system is relevant (although for some reason, they are still infatuated over the mile instead of the kilo), and now this!

Tums spelled backwards is SMUT!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

Didn't know Dario was a Brit.  I picked it because 40 is my squadron number.  I will not let you down, mate!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 7:51pm
I am fine with 20% race length and actually prefer it.

4x wear sounds good.

I am fine with running the real schedule as long as we announce what the next track is in advance.  If it takes more weeks to run and we go into next year it doesn't bother me at all.

I would like to restate and encourage that we use full flags and damage.  I will concede that on the short tracks and road courses it could be detrimental to fun so maybe we can just do flags on short track and roads and full on speedways and super speedways since there  is more room to maneuver and less traffic.  I think there should be some consequences to fast and loose driving.  Could we maybe give it a trial run on say the first two speedways and/or super speedways?  If it fails miserable then we'll forget the damage.

So are we going with online profiles that are clean with no performance points or are we going with full performance points.  I don't care either way, just think we should level the playing field.

I am also for allowing setups, but if most want to use veteran and not allow it I can go along.

Pretty excited about this one, guys.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-18-2008 at 8:08pm

Pretty excited about this one, guys.

Same here.

I'd prefer no performance points and am all for allowing custom setups.

I agree, let's do a trail run with full flags and damage and see how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>