Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06: The Show?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06: The Show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06: The Show?
    Posted: 03-07-2006 at 12:26pm
Thanks web. I'm strongly considering picking this one up, especially once the season starts.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2006 at 12:28pm

I take it we'd have to fight over the Yanks, huh?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2006 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

I take it we'd have to fight over the Yanks, huh?

I think so.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2006 at 8:56pm
I was really enjoying my second game of MLB 2006 until I finally had one the famous "freezes" the game is known for. It's the first time I've ever gotten one .
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2006 at 9:12pm

If Wachovia wasn't holding my money hostage and my wife's birthday wasn't next week, I'd be very tempted to buy MLB 06: The Show.

BTW, I downloaded the lastest updates for MLB 2006 and they are from the end of last season as Johnny Damon was not on the Yankees. Also, there were two other guys online playing against each other for a grant total of three people (including me) online tonight .

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2006 at 2:28pm

Web,

I hope you hold onto this game for a little while because I definitely plan on picking it up next month (or sooner if my tax check comes). We'll have to hook up for some online games.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2006 at 2:44pm
Yep, I'm usually a 'keeper.'  I tend to go back and play old games quite a bit, so no worries there.  I'd really like to give it a shot online.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2006 at 3:22pm
Cool. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 9:30am

I played online last night with a buddy.  The game had some lag, to which you could adjust (Swing and release the pitch meter a bit earlier) and hardly any chop or stuttering through the nine innings.  It played well.

One thing that is a little strange, though I think this may have been in last year's game as well, is that when your opponent guesses your location there is no pitch meter...Bam, you go right to the pitch and the pitch will hit the guessed location.

I guess they had to do it that way, since poor performance on the meter could very well make the pitch go to a different location than was guessed, but it feels a bit odd in execution.

I had a blast, though.  Anyone who has it and wants to play online, let me know!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 12:27pm

Web,

Can you disable the 'Guess Pitch' option online? I'm glad to hear that it plays well online because I've convinced myself to buy this game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>