Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06: The Show?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06: The Show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06: The Show?
    Posted: 02-28-2006 at 2:48pm
Anyone picking up the PS2 version of MLB 06: The Show? I wasn't crazy about last year's game and am really satisfied with MVP 06, but there's a small part of me that wants to buy MLB 06: The Show. If it gets good reviews, I may not be able to help myself .
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 3:03pm
I'm interested, but I'm definitely going to wait for thoughts from some of the release-day buyers.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 3:14pm

This thread at OS has almost guaranteed that I won't buy the game: http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t =159206

I hate the fact that the batting style is directly tied to the diffuculty level you play on. I want to be able to use zone hitting on any level (especially Rookie ).

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 4:28pm
Save your money for round 3 
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 7:27pm
I have it... impressions to come later tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by Slumberland

I have it... impressions to come later tonight.

I'm looking forward to them.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2006 at 8:39pm
Me too.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-02-2006 at 5:15pm
Sorry guys, I played three games the night I got it and posted some thoughts to DSP, but I've been swamped with work and previous engagements ever since.  Hopefully I'll get some more time with it this weekend, as there's a lot to like (and a little to be nervous about)!
BBatts View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BBatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2006 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by Jason

Anyone picking up the PS2 version of MLB 06: The Show? I wasn't crazy about last year's game and am really satisfied with MVP 06, but there's a small part of me that wants to buy MLB 06: The Show. If it gets good reviews, I may not be able to help myself .

MLB 06 The Show is a very good game. I wouldn't say it's better then NCAA Baseball. The graphics are tremendous, but the gameplay isn't as challenging as EA's game. The announcers are very good, but newbie Rex Hudler brings nothing to the commentary. For $39.99, I say it's a good buy...

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2006 at 5:55pm
Welcome to the forum,  BBatts.

What do you think of the hitting model compared to EA?  And is the pitching harder or easier to throw strikes than EA?

Thanks for the impressions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>