Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06: The Show?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06: The Show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06: The Show?
    Posted: 03-10-2006 at 12:33pm

Yes, you can.

I don't believe you can use the game's sliders online though.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2006 at 2:51pm
Ok, it's a done deal - I'll be picking up 'The Show' in two weeks (April 1st - that's not an April Fools joke either). I promised my wife that I'd at least wait until my next paycheck before buying a new game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 1:28pm
Anyone interested in a short league with MLB 06? I'm thinking of maybe a 10-15 game season with playoffs.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 2:14pm
That sounds FUN.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 3:06pm
Yup.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 3:07pm
This game deserves some extra recognition for the great career mode.  I'm having a good time with it and they've implemented some nice features.  I'm hoping it holds up over multiple seasons.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 3:42pm
It really does, Ted.  Last year's had all these annoying problems, like loading up games you didn't actually appear in when "sim to next appearance" was pressed, and a dumb difficulty system that started you off on Rookie no matter what and then progressed as your player progressed.  I like that you can play this year's at a fixed difficulty.  I started a career on the PSP version at HOF difficulty, going out for the center fielder spot in the Tigers organization.  I had an anemic spring, hitting only .210 with no power whatsoever and some shameful fielding, but managed to get a contract offer to play AA ball, where I'm tearing it up.

I like the career mode so much, I picked up a used eyetoy for the PS2 version so I can put my face in there.  I really like the idea of doing a career as a starting pitcher and turning the fielding to auto, so I'm really only playing my character.  Just sim to the days where I'm pitching.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 4:21pm

I'm glad to see that there's some interest in this. Hopefully web and Kevin will be interested too.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 9:34pm
Yep - I'm listening, and interested!  It will be a week before I can pick it up (next Friday, to be specific).  Can you wait for me to start the "official" league?

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Yep - I'm listening, and interested!  It will be a week before I can pick it up (next Friday, to be specific).  Can you wait for me to start the "official" league?

I can since I won't own it until next Saturday at the earliest LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>