Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 09 League Interest and Options
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 09 League Interest and Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 09 League Interest and Options
    Posted: 05-23-2008 at 5:12pm
Pretty safe that the following will be playing in this and/or multiple NCAA 09 leagues.

Brent
Ted
Jason
Grambo

This is just to check and see if any others are interested in joining the fun.

Some things to put up for a vote (Many are based off the PDF files that EA just put up explaining how the leagues work):

1)  Settings & Options - Keep On/Turn Of the following options
Difficulty -
Minutes -
Injuries -
Fatigue -
Home Field Advantage Effects -
Ice the Kicker -
Quiz the QB -

2) Wait for completed Rosters before starting?

3) Will the online dynasty consist of teams from the same conference or different conferences?

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-23-2008 at 5:25pm
My 2 cents

1)  Settings & Options - Keep On/Turn Of the following options
Difficulty - Varsity
Minutes - 7
Injuries - ON
Fatigue - ON
Home Field Advantage Effects - ON
Ice the Kicker - OFF
Quiz the QB - OFF

2) Wait for completed Rosters before starting?

I think so, they will be available in the first week and getting them will be easy.

3) Will the online dynasty consist of teams from the same conference or different conferences?

I say we pick a conference.  Say for example the Big East which has 8 teams.  If we only have 4 people in the league we make the other 4 CPU controlled and to make it a realistic schedule add four non-conference CPU games.  Total of 11 games (7 conference 4 non-conference). It is heavy on CPU games but it is an ONLINE DYNASTY and this would keep it moving.

That way we can create a standard league like Ted mentioned in another thread.

I was also thinking it might be interesting to each pick a team in the top 25 team and play their real schedule.  The two with the best record could go to the BCS championship and the other two could play a lower bowl.

In this one all games are user vs user.  To do a league like this it would have to be done with the SGN League site. My best understanding is that ONLINE DYNASTIES only allow for one gamertag per dynasty. Therefore with a small group here many of the games have to be CPU based.

Heck i would play in both but some people might just want to do one so it really needs to be voted on to see what everyone would want to do.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-23-2008 at 7:32pm
I could play in both.

And I agree with your settings except for maybe the HFA.  That has been messed up in the past.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-23-2008 at 8:03pm
I'd play in both if the game is as good as I think it will be.

I like your settings but agree with Ted about HFA - I think it should be turned OFF.
 Post Reply Post Reply