Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Nascar Thursday Night 6/19
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNascar Thursday Night 6/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nascar Thursday Night 6/19
    Posted: 06-19-2008 at 9:58pm
Kevin, I see you on the site.  We are going to race again at 11 eastern if you want to join us.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 9:59pm
Rats!  Sorry I missed it...  My son had a baseball tournament game tonight (and one tomorrow at the same time, too). 
Kevin
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 9:59pm
Oh - I might try to get online here in a second...

Kevin
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 11:53pm
Tons o' fun!!!  Thanks, guys!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 11:54pm
Great racing tonight guys! 

Kevin, did you get disco'd?  It still gave you points for running so that is good from the league standpoint.  If a guy gets disco'd he can still bank some points.

Jason, I definitely think we should run damage on at the supers and the speedways, even Lowe's.  I think any track that doesn't require braking should run with damage.  The shorts and the roads we can turn it off. 

Derek,  that tactical pit the AI made for you was great.  Just like what would have happened in a real race.  Letting the leaders pit so you can get ahead and then make up your lap after you pit on the second go round.  Brilliant.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 11:58pm
Great racing tonight.

Ted, I guess we'll start the season with damage on and see how it goes.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Ted_L

Derek,  that tactical pit the AI made for you was great.  Just like what would have happened in a real race.  Letting the leaders pit so you can get ahead and then make up your lap after you pit on the second go round.  Brilliant.

Yeah, that won me the race!  Nice recognition on your part to figure out what was going on, too.  Definite plus for the AI there!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 7:05am
Hey Ted,

About 11:50 I got a message that you disconnected and it kicked me out.  I had to head to bed (I came in later than I wanted for work this morning as it is!), so I decided to just shut it down.

Are we counting last night's race as part of the league already?  Is that you meant by giving me "points?"

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted last night.  I'm much better on the superspeedways than the short tracks.  I only wrecked once, LOL, but I scuffed my car against the walls a bit...  The online play was great, and you guys were funny!  Smile

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 8:19am
Kevin,

Last night's game does not count towards the league. We just wanted to see if the game gave you the points you earned before you got disconnected and it did. Unfortunately, disconnects are a reality and unlike a one-on-one sports game we can't just restart the race, but at least the person that gets disconnected will receive some points.

Ted,

You're right. Lets' go with full damage on the super and regular speedways.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 8:26am
Thanks.  Are those the "respect points," or whatever they're called?

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>