Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
    Posted: 07-24-2008 at 1:36pm
We had 6 yellows and I caused 4 of them with tailspins.  It was surprisingly fun.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2008 at 4:48pm
Ted, Rock Band does such a job of keeping my message notifications away from the game area that I didn't know you'd sent me one until I went to close the console down.  Whoops.

Simpson Motorsports Boss Buys Nautical Phrasebook

Team principal Adam Simpson appeared somewhat bemused when interviewed after driver Ted Leiker's victory.  "Four spins and he still brought it home.  I'm not really sure quite how that happened...he's just that good, you know?  Being a Brit, I'm inclined to say everything ended up ship-shape and Bristol fashion for us, even though it looked like we were sinking without trace for a while.  I know Ted was all at sea for a bit, but we've faith in him to dredge up a result - I've always said I like the cut of his jib."

Pressed again on new claims that he'd threatened to 'serve that Mirdala git's arse on a plate next week', Simpson claimed, "I said it was bad for my nerves that Mirdala's pit farce was so late this week."
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2008 at 5:05pm
Well, the lucky part was that I caught all the spins early and just accepted them, with the intent of keeping the car off the wall and not trying to drive my way out of the spin.  I've found that a good shove on the brakes with a counter steer will at least keep it on the track and often get that front end to come back right a bit.  I was successful in that I only took light damage to the grill and the crew were able to straighten out most of that.

We (Simpson Motorsports) were exceedingly lucky that Jason needed tires about halfway through every pit window which sort of let me just allow him to pass and be where he wanted on the track, and also that my last pit was timed perfectly with the car running out of gas on the final lap just after turn two and coasting home to the checker.  Not having to pit in the final 10 was the key.  Although I was stunned to see I had the fastest lap by .001 for the race.  Derek seemed much faster.  He must have been much more consistent because he passed me with ease mostly.  I do love messing with him though on that last lap.  Just a simple press of start-back-LB-A and he gets sent to the pit with a last place finish. 

(I'm truly truly joking with that last sentence.)
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-03-2008 at 12:59pm
Stats in first post updated.  Removed Top5 and Top10 finishes and added Top3 finishes since AI are gone and Top3 is a more telling stat.

Added all the races in order left for the season.

Congrats to Fazeo on his first win!  Smile
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-04-2008 at 2:50pm
Jay-sus, I look like a hell of a choke artist with those laps led and only 1 win! Ouch 
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2008 at 8:20am
50-50 I make the race tonight, guys.  Sorry!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2008 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Derek

Hope you can make it.

Ted, here's an idea I had:

How about we divide each person's point total by the number of races they've raced in and use the average to determine the points leader (based on a minimum number of races).
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2008 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Hope you can make it.

How about we divide each person's point total by the number of races they've raced in and use the average to determine the points leader (based on a minimum number of races).

Maybe you can do it both ways.  No use penalizing those who make it every week.  Maybe give the winner of overall points the Sprint Cup, and those with best average points the Nationwide Cup.  Just a thought.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2008 at 3:04pm
By the way, I am 50-50 tonight as well.  My wife is having a bitch of a week (and worse of a day) at work and I have a feeling she will be vying for my time tonight ..... one of those prices I have to pay to remain a stay-at-home Dad for another year.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2008 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Hope you can make it.

I'm against declaring the champion the driver with the highest average points instead of awarding it to the driver that not only shows up a lot, but also finishes well.

I'd be in favor of having an award for highest point average with a minimum number of races.  I believe the champ should be the driver with the most overall points.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>