Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
    Posted: 08-15-2008 at 1:01am
Stats tables updated in first post of this thread.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 8:48am
Woohoo!  2 laps led, baby!  (Must've been during the caution.)  That made my season...  Smile

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 2:57pm
Now that things are calmer on this front let's discuss some changes to the league.  As stated before I want custom setups to be allowed in the game.

The new rule for custom setups is that a driver must make his setup public in his locker before practice starts on race night.  If a driver makes changes during practice he can choose to share his changes or not.  This should not be a big issue because it takes longer than the 20 minutes we usually practice to figure out a setup.

I don't know who is using setups now besides Derek and me, but please from today forward make your locker public for the league to use.

This is the best compromise I can think of on setups.

I know Jason was talking about bringing back some AI.  I think we should go with full field AI on normal at Talladega and Daytona, 8 cars total (human and AI) on speedways and shorts.  No AI on roads because of the yellow bug.

The next race being at Talladega will be a perfect time to test these changes.  Right now my Daytona setup is 1 to 2 seconds faster at Dega than the veteran.  It's available from my locker and if I change anything else that will be available too.

Hope to see 6 people on the track this Wednesday.  Good luck.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 10:01am
Clap

This is very fair. Looking forward to Wednesday.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 3:25pm
Ted, for the record, I don't think you need to post your setups before the races.  I really think I would enjoy the races more with just more AI, even if it is only 4-6 cars.  That alone would make it feel more realistic to me.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 6:33pm
I understand and appreciate that, Grambo.  This will really even the playing field though and buy the look of Jason's clapping I think he secretly wanted it all along LOL.

I honestly don't mind sharing them and I think it is good for the league.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 6:37pm
I'm going to stick to my default veteran setup...unless you have an exceptionally fast setup.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 6:40pm
Oh I'd try something else on Supers, Jason.  With the wide open track even a 1 to 2 second advantage make a big difference, much more so than the speedways or shorts.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2008 at 11:21pm
I won't be making the next race.  Sorry!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-23-2008 at 12:15am
Stats tables updated in first post of this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>