Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 09: The Online Dynasty
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 09: The Online Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 09: The Online Dynasty
    Posted: 07-30-2008 at 1:22am
Going to create an official thread for this.  Discuss your games, setup user/user games here and of course ribbing Jason for dropping Syracuse to a 1 star program after year 5.

Participants

Brent - North Texas
Ted - Middle Tennessee St
Jason - Syracuse
Grambo - Vanderbilt
Kevin - Akron
Fazeo - UTEP
JaredPK2000 - Kansas

Settings
All-American, 7 minute quarters, injuries and fatigue on - everything else off.

Length of Dynasty
Guess we can run it until everyone gets bored or until NCAA 2010 arrives.

CPU GAMES and USER/USER
This is dedicated to CPU games with one or two user/user games per season and of course the possibility of meeting each other in bowl games (we will have a league run by Ted for the user/user battles). The fight will be in recruiting and taking our lowly teams to national greatness.

Schedule
This will be run with a maximum of 7 days between games.  If all games and recruiting are finished early I will roll it over to the next week.  Both your games and recruiting can be simulated. If you are having one of those weeks, you can sim out or after.  You are not punished for simulating games. If you do not think you can get a game in and the rest of the group is done, just post here and we will advance to the next week (simulating your game/recruiting).

Fun
Have some, they are games after all.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2008 at 6:16pm
Pre season tasks are done and away we go.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2008 at 8:28pm
Game one in the books and we pull off the upset @ Kansas St. - something like 42-21.  Running back had 120+ yards and threw for over 200 for a balanced attack against the Wildcats.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2008 at 8:31pm
The Blue Raiders lost a horrible game to rival Troy 14-7.  5 INT's 5 dropped passes and an illegal play by the CPU that ends up in a touchdown made we want to throw a controller.  Also lost my HB on the 2nd play of the game.  Out for 3 weeks.  And he was running a pass route away from the play.  Ouch.

Oh and 36% completion rate on short, medium, and long passes all over the field.  Suck on that 2 Bills.

Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 7:18am
We got crushed by Miami of Ohio, of all teams.  I can't even remember the score.  We did recover an onside kick though, which was kind of neat.  I don't recall doing that before in earlier NCAA games.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 11:01pm
Won the first game 38-20.  I had them really opened up in the first half until Reesing got knocked out of the game.  I couldn't establish a running attack, and struggled putting them away.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 10:18am
Brent, when's the cutoff for week 1? I won't be able to play my first game until Monday night.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Brent, when's the cutoff for week 1? I won't be able to play my first game until Monday night.

Next Wed.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 8:51pm
Zips Throw Away Chances at Wisconsin

Madison (AP) - Akron was game against a strong Wisconsin team, but too many missed opportunities in the red zone snuffed out the upset bid.  Chris Jacquemain threw three interceptions in a 34-17 loss, two in Wisconsin territory, one of which was returned for a touchdown.  The Zips also failed to convert two 4th down opportunities in the red zone, both when the game was still within reach.

Wisconsin running back P.J. Hill was the star of the game, with 144 yards rushing on just 21 carries, including a touchdown.  The Badgers controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  They did not allowing a sack, and the potent Zips running game was held in check with less than 50 total yards on the ground. 

University of Miami transfer Andrew Johnson ran 16 yards for the Zips' only offensive touchdown in the first half, while backup cornerback Kevin Funches returned an interception 82 yards for a touchdown to keep the Zips within striking distance late in the 3rd quarter.  Igor Iveljic capped off the Zips' scoring with a 42 yard field goal.

Starting conerback Jalil Carter left the game in the second half with a broken elbow, and is expected to be sidelined for 10 weeks.  Akron travels to Syracuse next week to take on the Orangemen in their second consecutive game against a BCS opponent.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 8:59pm
Ouch on the loss of the CB, you and Ted ran into some bad luck in week one.

Runs to find some wood to knock on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>