Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: How far video games have come...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow far video games have come...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How far video games have come...
    Posted: 08-06-2008 at 3:46pm
Two things happened this weekend that made me realize how far video games have come:

While at my motorcycle safely class on Saturday, the instructors keep stressing how we needed to do all of our breaking before entering a turn and maintain a steady speed throughout the turn (press and roll). This advice works perfectly for NASCAR games and is something I've been working on quite a bit in NASCAR 09.

On Sunday, I was able to catch the final 69 laps of the NASCAR Sprint Cup series at Pocono Raceway. The announcers were talking about how dangerous and challenging turn two is and I was able to agree with them and know exactly what they're talking about due to my experience on the virtual Pocono Raceway. It just made me laugh that I could follow their conversation as if I'd actually raced a real car on the real Pocono Raceway around turn two.
 Post Reply Post Reply