Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Reminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix
    Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:14pm
Weird tonight.

Ok, there are three options.

1.  It was a rain out.  We run Phoenix again next week.
2.  It was a rain out.  We skip Phoenix and move forward in the schedule.
3.  We accept the finish order in the email EA sent me which is Fazeo, Web, Kevin, Ted, Jason.  It shows Kevin DNF, but also above me and Jason which it lists as 4 and 5 so Kevin had 3rd.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:15pm
Not much to say for that race other than Argh! :( 

I enjoyed that track, though, so I'd be up for a replay there.

Grambo, if you are using any assists at all, you should really consider ditching them.  Nothing has made more difference for me, PPs and tweaked setups included! 

I don't believe you need to spend much time at all on setups, though.  Tonight, for instance, was the first time I put any laps in at all at Phoenix, and I only hit the track at ten minutes to 10.  In that time I ran maybe a dozen laps, and made some very basic tweaks to the setup slider bars.  (I think I moved a total of three notches combined.)  I qualified first, and was running some really quick laps.  You certainly don't need to put in much time, and my setups tweaks usually only give me time differences of right around a second.

Anyway, I hope you stay involved.  I really don't think anyone here NEEDS to win, and I really don't think it's as hardcore as you think it is.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:16pm
Did the email send you points, Ted?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:23pm
I wouldn't mind running it again next week - Phoenix was much more fun than I expected it to be.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Derek

Did the email send you points, Ted?

It does not, but it does show laps completed and laps led.  We could easily construct the points.

I'm glad you pointed out that you are tweaking with the slider bars.  When we qualified I had my fastest lap ever at Phoenix at 28.808 and you still out did me with that 28.7xx.  Goes to show how easy setting up the cars can be.  I only get into the detail setup because I find it fascinating.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:35am
I WANT TO KEEP THE RESULTS!  I MAY NEVER SEE 3RD AGAIN, NO MATTER HOW IT HAPPENED!

Smile

You guys know me - I don't care whatever you decide.  I'm just in this for the fun.  I'd better be, since I'm ALWAYS the worst driver out there!

Kevin
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 1:44pm
3rd and 4th for my team?  Missed the finishing order - too busy putting my umbrella up.  No?  Worth a try.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 4:14pm
If Grambo wants to return to the league I'm happy to have us rerun Phoenix on 8/20.  If he doesn't then I would like to create the points for last nights finish and consider it a kind of "race called after 50 laps due to rain."

Grambo, what say you?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 6:16pm
Sounds like a good idea, Ted.  I'll enjoy racing again, or actually get a 'glitch points' night that doesn't place me last! :)
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

The ONLY way this league would be fair is if everyone was on an even level, setup wise, and then let's see who is the real good racer.

Let me be absolutely clear on this.  This is not going to happen.

Grambo, if we knew each other a little longer I think you would realize I am in no way a cut throat competitor.  I've learned from my friend, Brent, that sometimes we don't come across well on the forums.  If you have the idea that I'm in this to win at all costs you are very mistaken.

I misspoke when I implied the league wasn't fair.  It is completely fair.  It was fair the moment we all opened the Nascar package.  As long as you have access to  information about cars (internet) you have the same access to the information that I have used to setup my races.  I'm not exploiting any glitches or bugs.  Because I choose to spend some of my time learning about what camber and caster do instead of fishing for crab I probably have an advantage over you.  That doesn't mean it isn't fair.  And I'm not suggesting for you to not play other games.  You do what is fun for you.  Do you think I run offline and tweak because I have to win?  I do it because it is fun and relaxing to turn laps.  Makes me a weirdo I know.

I don't have a 4 second per lap advantage.  Most of the time my car is 1 second better than what I can run on veteran AND more stable and able to run multiple grooves. 

I did not ask to take the AI away as you stated.  I believe that was asked for by Fazeo and Jason and I was willing to go along for a 3 race test.  Since we experienced a better race without the AI we decided to keep it that way.

I did not "bitch" when Jason asked for an alternate scoring system using an average instead of total points.  I stated I was against it and why and other members also said they were not for it.

What seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back is your finish at Texas, 6 laps off the lead.  I had a tweaked setup.  I think Fazeo had a tweaked setup.  I think Jason ran on Veteran.  I'm assuming you ran on veteran.  How does Jason finish on the lead lap with a stock setup.  How does Fazeo finish a lap down with a tweaked one?  How do you and Jason finish 6 laps apart with the same setup?  Is there any chance, any chance at all, that since we had to restart the race you may have just been on the rookie setup?

Just to reiterate, we took away performance points the first time because there was an exploit (the superspeedway engine bug).  We took away AI because we were constantly running under yellow which isn't racing and was very dull and the AI were causing problems on restarts and when they go to pit (they stay out in traffic and slow to 55 while still on the track and turn into the pits late).  We are not taking away custom setups because they are not an exploit and are not causing the races to be uncompetitive, despite what you say.

I would hate to see anyone leave the league.  The more the merrier I say.  However, if you want to take your car and go home because you aren't having fun it is your prerogative.  If you are doing it to make a statement about fairness it won't change anything.  Jason has given me responsibilities to run the leagues as I see fit.  If he wants to change that it is his right.  It's his site.  Barring that I'm sticking fast on this.

The essence of this post is why I am pissed off.

First, "it's not going to happen" ..... nice attitude.

For the record, you WERE four seconds ahead of me, and guess what, I had a tweaked car as well.  I reiterate that when I joined this league, I thought it was about "racing", not spending hours in the shop setting all frickin' parameters.

Also when I joined, we had AI cars, and that was a drawing point for me - having a nice experience closing matching a real NASCAR race, not a frickin' 4-6 car Mario Kart experience.

You don't want to bend and be open minded?  Then I won't either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>