Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Reminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reminder Wednesday 8/13 is racing at Phoenix
    Posted: 08-12-2008 at 11:17pm
Practice at 10 pm ET.  Qualifying at 10:30.  Hope to see you there.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 6:26am
Looking forward to it.

Are we going to use any CPU cars tonight?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:10am
It's a tight track at 1 mile.  I'd like to stay with our current system, but am willing to try.  If we go AI should we bump them up to normal?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 10:14am
Didn't realize it was such a small track - nevermind.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 12:59pm
See you guys tonight!
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 1:03pm
Wasn't last week's track only one mile as well?  If we have less than 5 humans, I would like to see AI .....
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 1:07pm
Last weeks race was at Texas, which is 1.5 miles. I'm leaning towards always having 8 cars on the track total, so there'd be 2 CPU cars if everyone shows up and 3 if only 5 show up, etc.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 5:10pm
Eight cars is cool .... if this week's race is anything like last week's, I would like to see everyone with the same car setup, but that's just me.  A racing league (IMHO) should be an extension of true "racing" talent, not "car tweaking" talent.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 5:19pm
There's just no way I'm getting rid of allowing custom setups.

That being said I wouldn't be against having "several" races on the schedule where we all had to use the same setup.  Maybe we can run one "IROC" race each at a short track, a speedway, a super, and a road.'

Now, if you didn't want to allow tweaking, what about just using the basic sliders at the front of the setup screen.  Do you consider that tweaking?  What I'm wondering is do you really just not want to put in any time to setting up a car or running laps in single player? 
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

There's just no way I'm getting rid of allowing custom setups.

That being said I wouldn't be against having "several" races on the schedule where we all had to use the same setup.  Maybe we can run one "IROC" race each at a short track, a speedway, a super, and a road.'

Now, if you didn't want to allow tweaking, what about just using the basic sliders at the front of the setup screen.  Do you consider that tweaking?  What I'm wondering is do you really just not want to put in any time to setting up a car or running laps in single player? 

OK, first, don't be so defensive.  But, I seem to remember some opposition earlier in the season about performance points, and some of us (yes, me) had to reset our setups to get rid of performance points.  But quite frankly, I want to be in a "racing" league, not a "gearhead, I have thirty hours to set up my freaking car to actual NASCAR standards" league.  I don't expect to win, but quite frankly, last week sucked big time.  Four racers on a big track and I was lapped SEVEN effing times.  Normally I wouldn't care, but honestly, riding around in a circle for a full hour and having no chance in hell not to compete really sucks .... especially when I see one of the tweaked cars hitting the friggin wall like a friggin pinball and still falling behind.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun for the gearheads who can tweak their car and kick our asses, but for us casual gamers (which I sort of thought SGN was supposed to be supporting), it really sucks.

I won't be around tonight.  I can enjoy better abuse from my wife than to have to put up with that sh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>