Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Final Word on the NASCAR League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFinal Word on the NASCAR League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final Word on the NASCAR League
    Posted: 08-16-2008 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Ok and Simo, even if he is faster, I am a veteran of arcade racers, so just because he is faster doesn't mean he has a right to pass ...... and quoting my favorite comediens of all time (all Brits of course), Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge  .... you know what I mean?

The only reason I keep giving this clean racing advice is so I've got the element of surprise when I next punt you all into the wall.  Quick and stealthy, that's the way to get them.

Brent's picture really, really put me off the two buns I was about to have for dinner.  Think I might have soup instead.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2008 at 7:05am
Brent has that poster hanging up in his room.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2008 at 3:49am
LOL  That would be every actress who has ever worked with Van Dame.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 9:00pm
For the record, Brent is the one with the clenched buttocks
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 8:26pm
LOL, Brent!!

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 7:27pm

I sent an olive branch to Ted today and he is, as I expected, a true gentleman.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 7:22pm

I'm very glad to hear that. Ted's been a good friend of mine for a few years now and I (as well as many others here) think that Grambo has been a great addition to SGN, so I'm glad to hear that you two were able to settle your differences.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 7:07pm

Ok and Simo, even if he is faster, I am a veteran of arcade racers, so just because he is faster doesn't mean he has a right to pass ...... and quoting my favorite comediens of all time (all Brits of course), Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge  .... you know what I mean?
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

Why should I pull over and let someone pass because they are faster than me?

If you are racing for position you shouldn't.

Unless the car behind is much, much faster, in which case he's going to pass you at some point (unless it's, I dunno, Monaco or somewhere like that) and you'll lose much, much more time defending to the death than you would conceding the position when the following driver moves to pass.  Not quite pulling over and letting him past, but if he's a lot quicker then you'll lose less time (therefore finishing higher, which is the point of the exercise) if you don't offer a lot of resistance.

Edit: Who are you and what are you doing on Brent's logins?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:38pm
I never though I'd see Brent be the 'voice of reason' on an internet forum Wink, but I agree with him completely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>