Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The SGN NCAA Football 09 League Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe SGN NCAA Football 09 League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SGN NCAA Football 09 League Thread
    Posted: 09-27-2008 at 12:30am
We had one of the great matchups of all-time tonight.  OU (Brent) at Clemson (JaredPK).  OU gets ahead 20-3 and have the ball to take a larger lead into the half.  Clemson picks it off and ends the half.  A quick score for Clemson who defaulted to the second half and a tough defense, helps Clemson to finish half #2 at 20-20. 

Third overtime and I fumble the ball inside the 5. Clemson takes a few snaps, kicks a field goal and the rest is history.

Great game Jared, look forward to future games.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 12:14pm
That was one helluva game.  All you had to do was run the clock off and end the game.  I wouldn't have blamed you at all if you did either.  I will remember to be kind and run my offense and not just kill the clock if I am in reversed role against someone else.  OU's defense is killer!!  I know brent was only blitzing one or two guys at most, but it seemed like the house was coming they were so fast.

I adjusted my gameplan in the second half against the 4-4 onslaught and kept calling drag routes to my slot and plays to get B.J. Spiller to the outside.  I also opted to start my fastest linebackers to slow the DeMarco Murray onslaught.

I still can't believe that fumble wasn't booth reviewed.  I guess that was the break I needed after tossing three first half picks, losing my starting tailback, and my "Wes Welker" slot receiver/punt returner standout.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 12:15pm
I think I added the score correctly.  Let me know if I did something wrong.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Jaredpk2000

I think I added the score correctly.  Let me know if I did something wrong.

Brent was using his league team (Oklahoma), so I just changed "Opponent (Brent)" to "Oklahoma (Brent)".
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 4:37pm
Thanks Jason, I think I fully understand it now.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-19-2008 at 12:35pm
Just letting everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this league.  I'm hoping to get started on my games soon.  Hopefully everyone is still interested.  I know Jared keeps asking politely for me to play.  Embarrassed
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2008 at 2:27pm
Ted, I'll try for Thursday night since you need to play late (my time). Anyone else looking for a game this week?
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2008 at 8:54am
I can play a game or two Friday night after 9pm CST if you would be available Jason, or anyone else that is interested for that matter.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2008 at 2:14pm
That's 10pm ET, right? If so, that should work for me.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2008 at 3:01pm
That is correct.  Any game in particular you would like to play?  The Clemson vs Florida State or Georgia vs Arizona State might be a couple of good games.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>